Samsung Has A New Galaxy S With Dual Core Processor With Amoled Plus Screen!

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Samoled+ is where its at
Samsung should be a major player if they handle the gps issues from the get go, if Orion procs are as awesome as they sound like they will be, and (not samsungs fault) they keep bing off their devices.
Opinions tho. And generally i'm just not a motorola person (razr!!!! most hated phone i ever had!!!).

grayfox99

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I have a Droid X and when my friend got his Epic and I put them side by side I was totally jealous of that SAMOLED screen, plus I actually like Samsung's Android skin. I am actually really put off with what everyone says about their updates....but it's supposed to ship with Gingerbread which should more than tide me over for at least a year or two. Bottom line is that I LOVE SAMOLED screens, and with these new ones being the SAMOLED plus screens plus having a processor that beats out the Tegra 2 I am absolutely sold on this series, plus I desperately want to drop VZW since their rates are exorbitant.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I don't assume that everybody has root. I'm just assuming that the people who want updates badly enough will root. So don't put words in my mouth when what I said can be interpreted in many ways.

Still though, you pay good money to these companies to buy their product, they should support it, and users that want updates badly enough shouldn't have to rely on the hacking community to give them to them. I really can't believe that Galaxy S phones are still flopping around on 2.1! Just look how fast the Evo got 2.2, it was a matter of weeks!

Robbzilla

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I dont know why people automatically assume everyone who owns an android device has it rooted and has ultimate control.

Some people dont root their handsets and rely on the manufacturer for the updates that they, themselves said that they would provide to us.

Why would they want to do something like that? :confused:

royalcrown#AC

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
lol

and yes most people dont do it for that same reason. Although theyre are shops who will root it for you for a fee.

True but then the shop might brick my 4g instead of me..lol. I am tech savy enough to look at the various options and follow the guides, so the actual rooting itself isn't making me hesitate.

andrew53517

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Anyone have any idea of when it will be released after they announce it on the 14th? & which carrier will most likely pick it up first?

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
dunno where the first one will land. you think they're gonna make four similar sets again, one for each carrier?

My guess is yes. Each carrier is going to want their Galaxy S to have something to differentiate itself from the others, and no doubt Samsung is going to want this on every U.S. carrier possible.

andrew53517

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Here is the Specs that SamFirmware has tweeted (they are generally spot on with their Samsung Information too):

4.5'' Screen (Super Amoled Plus)
8 Megapixel Camera, Dual LED flash
Android 2.3 & NFC

And ....

Orion Processor!

Twitter

Good Stuff!!

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
My guess is yes. Each carrier is going to want their Galaxy S to have something to differentiate itself from the others, and no doubt Samsung is going to want this on every U.S. carrier possible.

no doubt. hope they learned something from these upgrade debacles. also hope they look nothing like the samsung 4g lte device with that chin. :-\

@andrew - 4.5 screen is insane! no thanks i wear normal (not baggy not skin tight) jeans but i dont want to look like i have a box of pop tarts in my pocket.;)

blopez24

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
no doubt. hope they learned something from these upgrade debacles. also hope they look nothing like the samsung 4g lte device with that chin. :-\

@andrew - 4.5 screen is insane! no thanks i wear normal (not baggy not skin tight) jeans but i dont want to look like i have a box of pop tarts in my pocket.;)

Yeah poptarts suck lol. I wouldn't mind a 4.5" screen. I was going to buy the Dell streak but halted that when the atrix was announced.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
the Atrix looks like a beast with all that ram. i dont work in an office so i wouldnt be interested in the laptop dock setup but i bet games will be crazy on the handset with what its got under the hood.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
After seeing the Echo, and crying for an hour why Sprint went with that weird thing, I am just hoping hoping hoping that Sprint will get a Galaxy S2 device by June, hell if it has to be an "Epic 2" I will even deal with the Keyboard, although I hope that there won't be one. If they really go with a 4.5" screen, I am going to have to say putting a hardware keyboard on that phone would make it too thick, then again since the non keyboard version is so thin, I guess a keyboard would be bearable on it, but I really prefer one without keyboard. They said the Echo will come out in Spring, good, because we need something better than that for the summer.

Don't screw this up Sprint, the Echo can NOT be your summer flagship phone, we need dual core, be it from Samsung (Orion!), HTC, or LG.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX