Samsung Galaxy S2 or Lg Optimus 2x?

cowkong#AC

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
I've read in multiple places (here's one ---> Galaxy S to Have Micro-USB to HDMI Output) that Samsung has developed, or is developing, a micro-USB to HDMI output. The website says it will go for around $50, but who knows. HDMI output to me isn't ever going to be a deal breaker, just doesn't seem necessary (although I have no doubt it can be cool and fun).

Regardless, I'm going with Sammy on this. The build is what really intrigues me. From videos I've watched, even with the 4.3" screen, the S2 is only slightly bigger, if not the same size, as the S1. I've always loved the size of the S1 and with the reduction of thickness and the larger super AMOLED Plus screen, this phone is nearly a perfect phone for me.

Last edited:

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
How does the S2s processor live upto the Tegra 2? Any difference?

Some of the GS2 will have a Tegra 2 chip in them and others will have Exynos. Supposedly Exynos with it's GPU has a slight edge over tegra. But I will have to see when they run test between the 2.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I would take the s2 but that's just me and if you put it against the atrix I would still choose the s2 due to android having full use of the 1gig of ram on the s2 and I don't like Moto's stance on their bootloaders

Bizz I see you own a Fascinate. With what Samsung and Verizon done with the Upgrades in the past with not giving the upgrade to froyo. Will you still get the Galaxy S2 if it got released by Verizon? Because I like the phone but it scares me that I will be stuck with a phone that has gingerbread for 2 years while all the other Android phones have some sort of Honeycomb for phones or Ice cream.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Galaxy S2 score of 1950 is really disappointing if you ask me:
YouTube - Samsung Galaxy S II Benchmark
While The Lg Optimus 2X scores a quite impressive 2391
YouTube - LG Optimus 2X Quadrant benchmark results (Stock ROM/ pre-production model)

If you want to make your Decision By benchmark scores then look at the complete Benchmark scores.

Samsung's Galaxy S II Preliminary Performance: Mali-400MP Benchmarked - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News

Last edited:

grayfox99

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
If you want to make your Decision By benchmark scores then look at the comple Benchmark scores.

Samsung's Galaxy S II Preliminary Performance: Mali-400MP Benchmarked - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News

I'm still not convinced that these are 100% accurate scores just yet. The model that was bench marked was not a production model it was put out just as a preview of the device, i'm betting the drivers still need to be optimized, and when they are I'm betting the exynos/Mali pulls ahead.

Frag x 3

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping the G2X's final build of stock Android can help counter some of the shortcomings from the comparison video. While the S2 looks amazing, it's not coming out for a couple months. I'll be done with the G2X by then. I'm getting both. Just sold my Atrix, ready to make the leap to T-mob and preorder on Friday.

Broheemster

May 5, 2010
Visit site
S2 for me. Loving the sleek look of the g2x, the vanilla experience, and the music player.... pretty nice. Check it out.
YouTube - [DA in MWC2011] LGE Optimus 2X Music Player

But unfortunately, we can't forget about what cell phones were meant for, calling. I use my phone as my primary means of communication with work and with my 5 day trial using the galaxy s 4g I had bad reception inside my headquarters and in buildings throughout my route

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
S2 for me. Loving the sleek look of the g2x, the vanilla experience, and the music player.... pretty nice. Check it out.
YouTube - [DA in MWC2011] LGE Optimus 2X Music Player

But unfortunately, we can't forget about what cell phones were meant for, calling. I use my phone as my primary means of communication with work and with my 5 day trial using the galaxy s 4g I had bad reception inside my headquarters and in buildings throughout my route

That LG Optimus 2X is DEFINITELY a great handset. Unfortunately it's not coming to Verizon. Us Verizon users will probably get it a year after it's released though. Renamed of course and sold as the hottest new tech : )

It's too bad that Verizon is like this. Great network lousy Android phones with the exception of the Galaxy S11 and leaked Targa. To be fair Bionic is pretty sweet as well.

Last edited:

Bearly

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
G2x is supposed to be stock Android. I mean if youre on T Mobile. I would rather have that honestly.

Sent with my thumbs.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol