Samsung Galaxy S 2 cannot rotate Google Maps 5.0

beleta

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I have tested several Galaxys S 2 at MWC in Barcelona a no one rotated the map using the two finger gesture. All had Google Maps 5.0 installed.

Is a hardware limitation or a bug? Samsung Galaxy S and Nexus S all have this feature.

grayfox99

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
It's been brought up a few times that the phones at MWC are not ready for release and im sure that includes the software, I wouldnt worry about small bugs like that.

E_man

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I see no reason it wouldn't. It's a google maps feature to allow it, and unless the GS2 has a horrible touchscreen, there are no reasons it shouldn't work.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
The last Fascinate I played with couldn't do it either, and neither does the Epic. Is this because of the lack of 2.2? I just played with an Atrix, and it did it just fine.

Ronindan

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
The last Fascinate I played with couldn't do it either, and neither does the Epic. Is this because of the lack of 2.2? I just played with an Atrix, and it did it just fine.

That fascinate and epic probably both have 2.1 which does not have the ability to rotate a google map.

Ronindan

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I see no reason it wouldn't. It's a google maps feature to allow it, and unless the GS2 has a horrible touchscreen, there are no reasons it shouldn't work.

I am not suprised that those phones has some bugs in them since they are just demo devices. If the GS2 was released and still has those bugs, then I will be very worried.

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I am not suprised that those phones has some bugs in them since they are just demo devices. If the GS2 was released and still has those bugs, then I will be very worried.

Yeah, I'm blaming this on pre-production units. It wasn't an essential function, so Samsung decided they could put it on display without fixing that bug.