Now confirmed/rumored again for April

grayfox99

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I would really like to believe that the version released in April will be in the US, but I'd highly doubt that. The version released in April will most likely have the Tegra 2 processor and the S-LCD display, and will probably be released outside North America.

ragdoll08

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
This thing is keeping me from jumping on the Droid Charge when it comes out but I still can't get anything that confirms that it'll even be out on Verizon, let alone how long of a wait. I'm dying for one of these phones, dunno if I could hold out for June or beyond :-\

grayfox99

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
This thing is keeping me from jumping on the Droid Charge when it comes out but I still can't get anything that confirms that it'll even be out on Verizon, let alone how long of a wait. I'm dying for one of these phones, dunno if I could hold out for June or beyond :-\

Based on what happened with the previous Galaxy S series it's safe to assume it will be on all 4 major carriers in one version or another.

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
The initial release will most likely be the international version, just like the original i9000. Then the four major carriers will make their changes to the hardware and software, and have staggered releases over the summer and into the fall, just like the original SGS line.

Reactions: pantlesspenguin

pantlesspenguin

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
The initial release will most likely be the international version, just like the original i9000. Then the four major carriers will make their changes to the hardware and software, and have staggered releases over the summer and into the fall, just like the original SGS line.

True, this would make the most sense. I really don't want to wait til July, though!

Bearly

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Any word if the LTE chip--assuming phone comes to VZW--will be more power efficient, i.e. a second-gen chip compared to what's in the Thunderbolt?

Or is that dependent on the SoC used (Tegra 2) ?

Bearly

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
And is the rumored release for the international version or US?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Balthazar B

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Most likely international. Korea first, then other Asian and European markets. Then US which, unlike other places, is completely beholden to the carriers who control the market.