grayfox99

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
:D sweet! It will definately be this or the targa.... I've been waiting for this but I need a new phone soon

You'll be seeing the S2 long before the Targa, the Targa is still tightly under wraps and only has a few unconfirmed specs, and only a few pics have surfaced. The S2 is already slated to start launching this month. According to Samsung's facebook page it will launch in April no news on which market it will hit first, and no specific date, but they did say this month.

Reactions: spectre1006

spectre1006

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
I thought everyone is unsure of when it will hit Verizon cuz of not having a LTE radio in it. Hopefully so since the OG bionic is dead the targa will come out bwggining of q3. I can't wait for the s2. I know samsung's Rep with updates. 'S bad but I have a Sammy laptop and it has been the best laptop I've seen for price. And I see a lot cuz I'm in IT

grayfox99

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I thought everyone is unsure of when it will hit Verizon cuz of not having a LTE radio in it. Hopefully so since the OG bionic is dead the targa will come out bwggining of q3. I can't wait for the s2. I know samsung's Rep with updates. 'S bad but I have a Sammy laptop and it has been the best laptop I've seen for price. And I see a lot cuz I'm in IT

Samsung's reputation with not updating their phones is 100% false as of today the galaxy S is being updated in europe to 2.3, aside from the Nexus S it's the only phone with an official 2.3 update, US carriers are to blame for any delays to updates. I'm not sure when the S2 will hit Verizon I know the Fascinate was a bit late but I still think it will be out pre Q3 for all major carriers.

Balthazar B

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site

Good point, but I'm hoping Samsung has learned enough about LTE radios from the Charge and their VzW hotspot to build one into the GS2 SOC. If the Bionic is indeed dead, and the Targa a December phone, there's a BIG fat hole in VzW's high-end device stable that would be beneficial to both parties for Samsung to fill sooner rather than later.

EDIT: One last thought: If the stories are true that the Tegra 2 -- or the SOC it comes with -- has issues with LTE, it's possible that the US-bound Exynos 4210 and its SOC doesn't have that problem, which could motivate VzW and Samsung to get the GS2 into the channel while Nvidia et al. figure out how to correct their issues (which could take months).

Last edited:

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
1gig, it's amazing 1 FULL gig. Months from now I will read this reply and wonder why I was so amazed by 1 gig...

Sent from my Xoom