04-28-2011 03:38 PM
    I just logged on to see if anybody posted this :] It seems like a pretty in depth review including battery life, which is a first since the phone is just starting to launch. With the addition of the screenshot feature (home+power) coming stock on the phone, I wonder if this time around they will keep the physical button version for all markets or if it will get altered to our traditional menu/home/back/search. I'm betting on the latter.
    04-28-2011 03:57 PM
    I've never seen Engadget give a non Apple phone such high praise. Samsung also got high marks got the battery life. 9 out of 10. The biggest complaint seems to be the plastic build of the phone.
    04-28-2011 04:04 PM
    I've never seen Engadget give a non Apple phone such high praise. Samsung also got high marks got the battery life. 9 out of 10. The biggest complaint seems to be the plastic build of the phone.
    Josh is gone.....
    04-28-2011 04:49 PM
    Touchwiz is pretty darn nice and this is coming from a guy who dislikes UI's : )

What a great handset. Has winner all over it.
    04-28-2011 08:17 PM
    At first, I was unsure of the battery life but now knowing that it lasts around 20 hours, it will be probably get me through my day which is about 15-16 hours
    04-28-2011 08:44 PM
    All devices with SAMOLED screens have great battery life, the Gingerbread UI is black and dark 99% of the time, SAMOLED basically turns off or hibernate the blacks so it saves battery life. That's why TouchWiz on the original Galaxy S series was dark colours. By the way, the plastic build quality is better than the one that the iPhone uses, which breaks instantly if dropped from a foot off the ground. I would much rather have the Samsung plastic bodies then the glossy glass that Apple uses.

Sent from my Xoom
    04-28-2011 10:25 PM
    This is a sweet phone. I am on Verizon now and disappointed in the lack of dual core 4g phones. Does anyone know which US carrier will be getting the SGS II first?
    04-28-2011 11:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD