Does the GS II support 4G? I haven't seen any definitive answers.
    05-01-2011 01:53 PM
    if in 4g u mean HSPA+ then I believe it does.. If u mean Wimax (sprint) or LTE (verizon) no it doesnt ... yet
    05-01-2011 01:58 PM
    if in 4g u mean HSPA+ then I believe it does.. If u mean Wimax (sprint) or LTE (verizon) no it doesnt ... yet
    Yep. I'm on T-Mobile so it's HSPA+. Thanks!

Off topic question, I have contacts saved on my Sim card. Is there a way to import them onto the phone?
    05-01-2011 02:56 PM
    Samsung GALAXY S II
    21 Mbps capable with hspa+ from Sammy's site. I believe they've added more specs To the page in the last few days since the phone launched abroad.
    With transporting the contacts to the new phone you could import/update them to google contacts and once you create your gmail account on the new phone you can retrieve them.
    HotIce05 likes this.
    05-01-2011 03:08 PM
    Without LTE it might be considered dead in the water if/when released on Verizon.
    05-01-2011 04:47 PM
    IF it is released for Verizon, is the question. They would not consider releasing this on Verizon w/o LTE; it would be DOA.
    05-01-2011 04:53 PM
    Very true. They couldn't advertise cutting edge technology but not have it's designated carriers best connectivity. It would be overshadowed by the average customer coming in for a "4g" phone because sounds like it's bigger and better. Question is would they sell themselves short on the Charge by releasing it too close? Also how long will it take to put LTE inside of the S2 and still keep it as slim as it is.
    05-01-2011 06:38 PM
    Very true. They couldn't advertise cutting edge technology but not have it's designated carriers best connectivity. It would be overshadowed by the average customer coming in for a "4g" phone because sounds like it's bigger and better. Question is would they sell themselves short on the Charge by releasing it too close? Also how long will it take to put LTE inside of the S2 and still keep it as slim as it is.
    I'm guessing verizon will be the last carrier to hold the s2. And they will probably launch around september-october like they did with the fascinate
    05-01-2011 07:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD