Galaxy s2, Android and AOL mail

greggebhardt

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I have got to have access to a AOL mail account used for the last 10 years by my company. I know AOL is rather outdated but I am not about ready to change it.

My question is how Android does AOL mail? On my iPhone, you could access all my AOL mail folders with ease allowing me to send email to folders and retrieve emails as I wished. My blackberry will not do this, will my new Galaxy S2 access mail folders in AOL?

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure, but if AOL works with the stock email client, you should get all your folders and be able to move messages. Otherwise, there are a few alternative email apps on the market that you can use.

greggebhardt

May 10, 2011
Visit site
WOW! GO DAWGS

My parents spent a lot of money there and I had a GREAT TIME!

I might live in gator country but will always be a DAWG FAN.

Thanks for the reply, I guess I will know on Monday!

Can't wait to see that nice screen!

Adam G

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I just have all my AOL mail forwarded to my GMail account and sync'd all the contacts. Works like a charm. Often my AOL mail will show up on my phone before it shows on the desktop while logged into AOL.

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
WOW! GO DAWGS

My parents spent a lot of money there and I had a GREAT TIME!

I might live in gator country but will always be a DAWG FAN.

Thanks for the reply, I guess I will know on Monday!

Can't wait to see that nice screen!

Good to see a Floridian make the right choice ;)

Sent from my Captivate

Last edited:

greggebhardt

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I just have all my AOL mail forwarded to my GMail account and sync'd all the contacts. Works like a charm. Often my AOL mail will show up on my phone before it shows on the desktop while logged into AOL.

I went to my gmail account yesterday and did the push thing for AOL but not getting my emails from AOL to gmail yet. It said it could take a couple of days . . . .

Do not know much about gmail so I might need some help setting this up

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams