Right now, I am in the process of dropping Sprint and migrating to T-Mobile. Should I wait for the S2 assuming T-Mobile gets it since Phonearena said it's a national GSM phone or get the Nexus S because I don't know if I can stand Sprint's crap any longer.
    05-15-2011 07:22 AM
    Right now, I am in the process of dropping Sprint and migrating to T-Mobile. Should I wait for the S2 assuming T-Mobile gets it since Phonearena said it's a national GSM phone or get the Nexus S because I don't know if I can stand Sprint's crap any longer.
    I just switched from a Nexus S to the Galaxy S II - not out of necessity but because my contract was up for renewal. The NXS is a very nice, responsive phone. I love almost everything about it, with one big exception: its web browser. The browser's just slow as heck. If you can live with that, you'll probably have a lot of fun with the Nexus S and the timely updates to new versions of Android that come with it.

The Galaxy S II is, beyond any doubt, is the best smartphone on the market right now. It's much much faster than the iPhone 4. I don't intend to bash the iPhone or any other phone here - but it's a simple fact. the SGS II is the phone that every Android user has been waiting for. Namely the lag-free Android handset. EVERYTHING about this phone is fast. It cuts through flash-enabled websites like butter. The browser is probably as close to perfect as any mobile browser will ever get. At the same time, it has extraordinarily good battery life (comparable to the NXS), a really good camera, a fantastic screen and some additional features (like built-in DLNA support - you can literally send videos, photos and music from the phone to your TV without any fuss, KIES Air, which allows you to access your phone's information through any web browser - it also allows you to upload content (like ringtones) to your phone from any browser) that makes this thing a super-phone. The screen is as bright as the NXS's but much larger. However, the phone is very light (about 25 grams lighter than the iPhone 4), making it highly pocketable.

Anyway - as it's not available in the US and it's unclear whether the "pure" SGS II will ever be (or whether there's going to be a large variety of SGS II-derivations for all kinds of carriers, each with individual feature sets), it depends on whether you want a new phone or whether you need one. If you need one: go with the Nexus S - it's a great phone. If you just want one, wait for the SGS II.
    05-15-2011 10:17 AM
    why not just get the nexus s 4g on sprint? does your coverage suck, or do you not have 4g in your area? T mobile's nexus s isn't 4g right? i would also be worried about t mobile's version of the GS2 based on the vibrant.
    05-15-2011 11:28 AM
    I would wait. The nexus s while a decent phone cannot hold a contest with the galaxy s II. It has all the features that you would want and it is easily rooted and will receive a lot of developer support meaning you should have plenty of ROMS. Here is to hoping cm7 gets on this asap

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    05-16-2011 09:53 AM
    i want to wait for the S2, but I am having many problems with Sprint, which is why I haven't considered the Nexus S on their network. Right now I am leaning towards the Nexus S and maybe just buy the S2 when it comes out.

I don't really care about the lack of things the Nexus S has some people noted. When does S2 come out and anyone have ANY idea which carrier?
    05-16-2011 09:11 PM
    i want to wait for the S2, but I am having many problems with Sprint, which is why I haven't considered the Nexus S on their network. Right now I am leaning towards the Nexus S and maybe just buy the S2 when it comes out.

I don't really care about the lack of things the Nexus S has some people noted. When does S2 come out and anyone have ANY idea which carrier?
    Sasmsung were supposed to hold an event in NYC on May 27 - they were expected to announce the availability of the carrier versions of the SGS II. However, that event has been postponed. So I guess, it'll be at least several weeks until the SGS II becomes available in the US.
    05-17-2011 01:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD