06-03-2011 11:28 AM
28 12
tools
    05-16-2011 04:12 PM
    Kind of surprised. Should have been a major event for Samsung with the launches of the galaxy s II and possibly announcing the launch partners for the new galaxy tabs.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    05-16-2011 04:15 PM
    That's not good...
    05-16-2011 04:41 PM
    That's not good...
    I hope the delay is caused by a slight adjustment to the release schedule and nothing more.

A lot of product has been pre-ordered so I can't imagine what more it could be.
    05-16-2011 05:09 PM
    Triple-core processor and 5" SuperAMOLED Holographic UltraPlus screen.
    05-16-2011 05:15 PM
    05-16-2011 05:36 PM
    I can never comment in those threads for some reason. I tried earlier to no avail. Was able to a while ago but since lay-out has changed I can't post in it. I get a 504 gateway time-out on them. Weird
    05-16-2011 06:23 PM
    I hope the delay is caused by a slight adjustment to the release schedule and nothing more.

A lot of product has been pre-ordered so I can't imagine what more it could be.
    If it's for, 'Ice Cream Sandwich', I'll take one!

Google to unify smartphone, tablet Android OSes | Mobile Technology - InfoWorld
    05-16-2011 07:04 PM
    I'm hoping it is only a slight delay, I'm anxious to hear more about this phone.
    05-16-2011 07:28 PM
    If it's for, 'Ice Cream Sandwich', I'll take one!
    Noooo Ice Cream Sammich isn't until Q4. Lets settle on a Gingerbread release with an upgrade to Sammich in Q4

Seeing that there won't be any interim updates between gingerbread and ice cream its a good progression. Galaxy S II certainly has the RAM and processor to accommodate ice cream.

Sent from my Droid
    05-16-2011 07:44 PM
    Being the businessmen/women that they are you would think that they would want their top dog out as soon as possible with all these other high end phones coming out very shortly. I'm sure that they're familiar with the dominance of contracts in these parts of the world. A June purchase of a subsidized Evo 3d or Sensation or igadget phone doesn't mean go buy a GS2 in July or August. Something they should highly consider if they want bigger numbers.
    05-16-2011 07:49 PM
    Noooo Ice Cream Sammich isn't until Q4. Lets settle on a Gingerbread release with an upgrade to Sammich in Q4

Seeing that there won't be any interim updates between gingerbread and ice cream its a good progression. Galaxy S II certainly has the RAM and processor to accommodate ice cream.

Sent from my Droid
    LOL, I was only kidding about Ice Cream. I'll gladly take Gingerbread.
    05-16-2011 07:55 PM
    Hmm, Gingerbread on all Galaxy S phones first? No thanks, gimme my SGSII without the stupid names please.
    05-16-2011 08:04 PM
    I've been debating with myself whether to wait for Sammy to get his act together on the SGSII or get the Infuse. I'm on an iPhone 3Gs and have been chomping at the bit to get an Android phone for almost a year now.
    05-17-2011 09:44 AM
    I've been debating with myself whether to wait for Sammy to get his act together on the SGSII or get the Infuse. I'm on an iPhone 3Gs and have been chomping at the bit to get an Android phone for almost a year now.
    I feel the same way. I was hoping these two phones would have come out at or around the same time for AT&T so I could do a comparison test in the store, but this isn't the case. I've been doing a lot of research, though, and it does look like the Galaxy S2 is going to be the best. Difference Between Samsung Infuse 4G and Galaxy S2 | Difference Between | Samsung Infuse 4G vs Galaxy S2
    05-17-2011 07:58 PM
    I just really hope that Verizon and Samsung really nail it with this phone. But what I never understand about the world of phones is why companies won't release any specs or carrier info. I mean if they're great than you might as well let people see them.
    05-17-2011 08:46 PM
    trust me verizon will absolutely find a way to **** this up!! there is no telling how but trust me. also, it will more than likely be the last S2 out behind ATT, Sprint, and Tmobile. i love their service but hate their terrible business practices.
    05-17-2011 11:25 PM
    trust me verizon will absolutely find a way to **** this up!! there is no telling how but trust me. also, it will more than likely be the last S2 out behind ATT, Sprint, and Tmobile. i love their service but hate their terrible business practices.
    This. The phone is going to have Bing on it probably since it probably won't be a "Droid". ATT, T-Mobile, and Sprint have all these awesome devices out or coming in the next month (Evo 3D, Nexus S, G2X, Infuse, Sensation, LG Thrill, etc.) What do we have? The Incredible 2, Thunderbolt (Evo with LTE and newer CPU), and Charge (Galaxy S). Then a binged out LG Revolution coming. All last year's tech. The only things coming with decent specs are the Droid X2 and Bionic (if it ever comes).
    05-18-2011 12:18 PM
    We have the iPhone on Verizon guys! We don't need high end Android devices. You guys need to grow up and realize that since the arrival of the iPhone on Verizon we don't need anything else. Jeesh .......

Sent from my Droid
    05-18-2011 12:22 PM
    The only things coming with decent specs are the Droid X2 and Bionic (if it ever comes).
    The GSII has more than just decent specs...aside from the fact that it will likely be without LTE, it's a beast that wrecks every other phone out there, IMO.
    05-18-2011 12:57 PM
    So is there any word if the event is still going to happen or is it canceled all together???
    05-27-2011 07:30 PM
    So is there any word if the event is still going to happen or is it canceled all together???
    Sorry to say, you know just as much as the rest of us do at this point. It's all speculation. The phone is still seeing steady launches outside the U.S. and Canada so that's a good sign I guess.
    05-27-2011 11:44 PM
    I am waiting to hear some magical news about the SGS2 and T-Mobile USA.
    05-28-2011 06:38 AM
    I hope this happens. It's either this or I go back to the Atrix
    05-31-2011 01:08 PM
    well they announced the date for the galaxy tab 10 not too long ago right? anyone believe they might announce the galaxys s2 for u.s. carriers later this month? i really hope so.
    06-03-2011 01:09 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD