[NEW] Samsung Galaxy SII unboxing

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I seriously want this phone. When the Bionic was first announced, I thought, finally I've found the phone that I'm going to get. I feel even better about this phone. The wait is going to be soooo hard!

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site

I think you, me, and CK are going to be first in line for these devices (although I guess it'll have to be a virtual line since we're quite a few miles apart ;)). Seems like we've been seeing quite a bit of each other in the same forums, and we all seem to be leaning in the same direction.

Friend-O

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I think you, me, and CK are going to be first in line for these devices (although I guess it'll have to be a virtual line since we're quite a few miles apart ;)). Seems like we've been seeing quite a bit of each other in the same forums, and we all seem to be leaning in the same direction.

Yah, it sure seems that's way, ha ha. I was just on Samsung's official GSII web page, ogling the phone/specs/info again...man...I'm really leaning towards it, even if it's only 3G. It's just so dang purdy, ha ha. If somehow it's 4G (slim chance, I know), it will be the best phone ever made, IMO. (if only for a couple of months until the next best phone ever made is released, lol)

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I think you, me, and CK are going to be first in line for these devices (although I guess it'll have to be a virtual line since we're quite a few miles apartheidapart ;)). Seems like we've been seeing quite a bit of each other in the same forums, and we all seem to be leaning in the same direction.

You know it lol. Touchwiz 4.0 is very nice and unobtrusive, GIG of RAM, best screen on the market and the1.2GHZ Exynos makes this one heck of a piece of equipment. Very impressed that Samsung is listening to their customers. Either that or they just know how to build a device. I think its the latter.

Not to mention if one is into Modding /hacking the support is there. Its too good to pass up. I'm going to get in the virtual line now :)

I'm just very impressed with this company.

Sent from my Droid

Broheemster

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Part of the reason, for me, it seems like it's taking forever for this phone to come out is that it seems nothing has been clear about this phone since it's first unveiling . I mean it's how many months later, and does anybody know officially if we will get Exynos or Tegra? It already went from 1 ghz to 1.2. Who knows what other tweaks we will see. Hell, now we don't even know the date for our announcement lol. I just think we would all be at a little more ease if details of everything were more clear. I'm really ready to get rid of my phone

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Part of the reason, for me, it seems like it's taking forever for this phone to come out is that it seems nothing has been clear about this phone since it's first unveiling . I mean it's how many months later, and does anybody know officially if we will get Exynos or Tegra? It already went from 1 ghz to 1.2. Who knows what other tweaks we will see. Hell, now we don't even know the date for our announcement lol. I just think we would all be at a little more ease if details of everything were more clear. I'm really ready to get rid of my phone

I probably haven't been following it as long as you, but it seems that it's pretty clear on most of the details. It's my understanding that it has Exynos, not Tegra (also mentioned in the unboxing video). And I wasn't aware that it was originally a 1GHz processor. I've always known it as a 1.2GHz. As far as time, it's not near as long as it's been for the Bionic that was introduced at CES. And we know even less about it now that's it's being "improved".

Broheemster

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Back in Feb:
Samsung Galaxy S2 Tegra 2 or Exynos 4210, Region Dependant?
April:
Tom's Hardware UK
This month:
Samsung Galaxy S2 Tegra Exynos Processors - Verizon Cell Phones
Granted, in the last article that isn't even an s2 in the pic, the rest of the events in the timeline hold up. So yup, the s2 that Aaron has from the video is Exynos but is still the Expansys international version so who knows what we will get. What if we were getting the Tegra version and that's what the holdup is for some reason?

Reactions: DolfanCole

Eileen89

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

saillling4life

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm so ready for this phone, although I can't decide if I should get this or the Bionic. I love everything about this phone except that it'll probally be 3g. Even so it's a serious contender for me. What do you think is the better phone?

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm so ready for this phone, although I can't decide if I should get this or the Bionic. I love everything about this phone except that it'll probally be 3g. Even so it's a serious contender for me. What do you think is the better phone?

The SGII spec-wise is better in almost every category. The exception being the Bionic having LTE and a qHD display (although the SGII will have the SAMOLED+ display which by anyone's account is gourgous). So it really depends on how each individual values those things.

saillling4life

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
The SGII spec-wise is better in almost every category. The exception being the Bionic having LTE and a qHD display (although the SGII will have the SAMOLED+ display which by anyone's account is gourgous). So it really depends on how each individual values those things.
Okay, but is 4g really that much faster? Because some people think that it's at least 10 times faster but some say they don't notice a difference.

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Okay, but is 4g really that much faster? Because some people think that it's at least 10 times faster but some say they don't notice a difference.

It's capable of being much faster. There's always network issues that will impact true speeds, but, in general, yes, it's much faster. That said, I'm not in an LTE-capable area according to Verizon's plans for this year. So, I wouldn't benefit from it anyway for some time. I see you're in Virginia like me, and unless you're in the DC suburbs, you won't get LTE this year either.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21