06-08-2011 06:50 PM
30 12
tools
    They say it because they don't like manufacturer UI's on their handsets or they are basing it on TouchWiz 3.0 which is a mistake. You can't really judge a UI until you actually take it for a test drive. Im not a fan of TouchWiz 3.0 but 4.0 is a HUGE step I'm the right direction from what I have seen in the videos. Less intrusive in my opinion. I'm not a fan of manufacturer UI's neither but I really like 4.0 and look forward to using it.

Its pretty clean and looks very nice.

Sent from my Droid
    orchidsbloom likes this.
    05-21-2011 10:21 AM
    Well, the closest thing I've seen to native Android is Motorola's interface. Not much there. I guess most folks who don't like manufacture UI's, but want lots of performance, would be happy with the new Droid X2. Of course if you root your phone, you can install a ROM with any UI you want, including a version of Android with no enhancements. But I think for the vast majority of users, the UI is important. I know on my Windows HTC phone, and my Galaxy Tab I've kept tweaking them until I got the look and functions I was happy with. As for the Galaxy S2, I think I'll be fairly happy with that right out of the box, from the demo's I've watched, and my experience with my wife's Fascinate. I will say that I don't like Samsung's sideways moving application catalog screens. I'll probably change that, as well as turn off that accelerator motion stuff in the new version of TouchWiz. But other than those features, I'm looking forward to the next generation of TouchWiz.
    05-21-2011 11:09 AM
    See it is possibly coming to vzw. Hopefully vzw do not take away from the device. I expect the device on vzw to be the fascinate 2.
    05-21-2011 11:34 AM

Gotto love PD they really go into depth!
    06-04-2011 03:06 PM
    that was a great review. thanks for sharing!
    06-08-2011 06:50 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD