[New] Samsung Galaxy S II pt. 2

BigDFSU

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Phone continues to look amazing.

The news about Tegra games not working is a little disappointing. I'm hoping that might be something that changes in the future, without requiring rooting. Don't play a ton of games on my phone, but that is also because the Storm sucks for games. I'm sure I would play some more to kill time if I had a good phone. That or I'll have to hope that not all the good games go to the Tegra Zone.

Also hoping that a notification light might make it on the phone for the US versions. I'm one who tends to rely on that little feature.

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Phone continues to look amazing.

The news about Tegra games not working is a little disappointing. I'm hoping that might be something that changes in the future, without requiring rooting. Don't play a ton of games on my phone, but that is also because the Storm sucks for games. I'm sure I would play some more to kill time if I had a good phone. That or I'll have to hope that not all the good games go to the Tegra Zone.

Also hoping that a notification light might make it on the phone for the US versions. I'm one who tends to rely on that little feature.

Do any AT&T Android phones offer a notification light? I read somewhere that some of the phones light up one of the tactile buttons on the bottom of the phone, but I can't find one that does that. I really don't like having to check the phone all the time to see if I received a work email, text or phone call.

BigDFSU

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I have to admit that after reading what blackmannx had to say about the specs he posted yesterday, I find myself thinking that the SII will work out perfectly for me. Still want to see what Bionic brings, but after reading what CK and others have said about webtop, that will be a deal breaker for me if it is featured on the phone.

It's obvious some very impressive phones are going to be coming out in the future. I think the SII will keep me quite satisfied until they do.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
It's like tug-of-war for me right now between the evo 3d and this and so far, the s2 is winning

I think HTC's are some of the worst built phones. Sub par radios, terrible battery life and cheap materials have plagued them forever but thats just my opinion. I will never buy an HTC.

If I were you I'd go with the SII but you're not me : )

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I think HTC's are some of the worst built phones. Sub par radios, terrible battery life and cheap materials have plagued them forever but thats just my opinion. I will never buy an HTC.

If I were you I'd go with the SII but you're not me : )
I second that, both accounts.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Boy Genius who is notorious for being a little more biased towards Apple and not giving Android it's due says:

Hands down, the Samsung Galaxy S II is the greatest Android smartphone available on the planet… if you can get past TouchWiz. It’s the fastest smartphone I’ve ever used, it features one of the best displays I have laid eyes on, it offers great signal reception and audio performance on AT&T, it has a great camera, it’s very thin and light,

Friend-O

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Boy Genius who is notorious for being a little more biased towards Apple and not giving Android it's due says:

Hands down, the Samsung Galaxy S II is the greatest Android smartphone available on the planet? if you can get past TouchWiz. It?s the fastest smartphone I?ve ever used, it features one of the best displays I have laid eyes on, it offers great signal reception and audio performance on AT&T, it has a great camera, it?s very thin and light,

Man, I want this phone so bad! Now! He said it's the greatest Android smartphone on the planet though, as opposed to just saying greatest smartphone, so he's not really giving Android it's due after all, IMO. I'm sure that distinction goes to the iPhone in his mind. Of course, we here know the truth of the matter. ;)

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Man, I want this phone so bad! Now! He said it's the greatest Android smartphone on the planet though, as opposed to just saying greatest smartphone, so he's not really giving Android it's due after all, IMO. I'm sure that distinction goes to the iPhone in his mind. Of course, we here know the truth of the matter. ;)

I'm with you my friend. Funny episode last night ... My wife has never had a smartphone, and as you know I've been looking to upgrade to my first Android phone since last August. I've been waiting and waiting so long for just the right phone to come along -- one that will be as future proof as possible for the next two years, as it appears that the GSII will be. Well, a couple of weeks ago, my wife bought a Fascinate from Costco (great deal BTW with a number of really nice accessories thrown in, but I digress). Last night, she's messing around with it checking e-mail, Facebook, etc., and I finally just lose it. There she was, never had a smartphone in her life and she's got an Android device before me! ... and she's loving it. It was then that all the frustration of looking for so long that I had pinned up inside me and all of the anticipation of getting my first Android just came out. And all she could do was fall on the floor laughing. That hurts. :'(

Friend-O

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm with you my friend. Funny episode last night ... My wife has never had a smartphone, and as you know I've been looking to upgrade to my first Android phone since last August. I've been waiting and waiting so long for just the right phone to come along -- one that will be as future proof as possible for the next two years, as it appears that the GSII will be. Well, a couple of weeks ago, my wife bought a Fascinate from Costco (great deal BTW with a number of really nice accessories thrown in, but I digress). Last night, she's messing around with it checking e-mail, Facebook, etc., and I finally just lose it. There she was, never had a smartphone in her life and she's got an Android device before me! ... and she's loving it. It was then that all the frustration of looking for so long that I had pinned up inside me and all of the anticipation of getting my first Android just came out. And all she could do was fall on the floor laughing. That hurts. :'(

LOL! Now if only that event was captured on video for everyone's viewing pleasure! :p

Reactions: DolfanCole

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

Lol good catch. You're right! He loves that iPhone, nothing will ever best it.

Sent from my Droid

Reactions: Friend-O

Friend-O

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Heck, she may have with that nice new smartphone of hers. :mad:

LMBO! Don't take this the wrong way, but you just reminded me of my little sister. Let me explain... Last summer, my two youngest sisters, Sierra and Cheyenne, were playing a carnival game against each other. Well, Cheyenne won and got to pick a prize, which turned out to be a cute, stuffed monkey. Needless to say, Sierra was extremely jealous and pouted for most of the afternoon. At one point, Cheyenne and I went for a walk while Sierra stayed behind with our dad. Upon our return, my dad was laughing hysterically and Sierra was still pouting with her arms folded. I asked what was so funny and my dad told me that when Sierra saw Cheyenne and I returning, she said in a seething tone, "Here's comes Cheyenne with her fancy monkey..." I couldn't stop laughing. And that's the quote that I equate what you said above to. :D:D:D:p:p:p

Back on topic, don't fret. The fancy GSII will be well worth the wait and your wife will be the envious one soon enough! :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: DolfanCole

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2