06-08-2011 06:50 PM
30 12
tools
    05-19-2011 12:14 AM
    Phone continues to look amazing.

The news about Tegra games not working is a little disappointing. I'm hoping that might be something that changes in the future, without requiring rooting. Don't play a ton of games on my phone, but that is also because the Storm sucks for games. I'm sure I would play some more to kill time if I had a good phone. That or I'll have to hope that not all the good games go to the Tegra Zone.

Also hoping that a notification light might make it on the phone for the US versions. I'm one who tends to rely on that little feature.
    05-19-2011 04:51 AM
    Also hoping that a notification light might make it on the phone for the US versions. I'm one who tends to rely on that little feature.
    Same here. That's something I'd definitely miss.
    05-19-2011 08:13 AM
    Phone continues to look amazing.

The news about Tegra games not working is a little disappointing. I'm hoping that might be something that changes in the future, without requiring rooting. Don't play a ton of games on my phone, but that is also because the Storm sucks for games. I'm sure I would play some more to kill time if I had a good phone. That or I'll have to hope that not all the good games go to the Tegra Zone.

Do any AT&T Android phones offer a notification light? I read somewhere that some of the phones light up one of the tactile buttons on the bottom of the phone, but I can't find one that does that. I really don't like having to check the phone all the time to see if I received a work email, text or phone call.
    05-19-2011 02:13 PM
    I am so ready for this phone to come out.
    05-19-2011 05:13 PM
    I hear that loud and clear

Sent from my Droid
    05-19-2011 07:49 PM
    Do you have any idea if the galaxy s2 will come out before unlimited data ends.
    05-19-2011 08:03 PM
    I do not....sorry. I would assume yes though.

Sent from my Droid
    05-19-2011 08:12 PM
    I really hope so, because I really want unlimited data, and if this comes out after, than I will have to pass.
    05-19-2011 08:19 PM
    I have to admit that after reading what blackmannx had to say about the specs he posted yesterday, I find myself thinking that the SII will work out perfectly for me. Still want to see what Bionic brings, but after reading what CK and others have said about webtop, that will be a deal breaker for me if it is featured on the phone.

It's obvious some very impressive phones are going to be coming out in the future. I think the SII will keep me quite satisfied until they do.
    05-19-2011 08:29 PM
    It's like tug-of-war for me right now between the evo 3d and this and so far, the s2 is winning
    05-19-2011 09:09 PM
    It's like tug-of-war for me right now between the evo 3d and this and so far, the s2 is winning
    I think HTC's are some of the worst built phones. Sub par radios, terrible battery life and cheap materials have plagued them forever but thats just my opinion. I will never buy an HTC.

If I were you I'd go with the SII but you're not me : )
    05-19-2011 10:02 PM
    I think HTC's are some of the worst built phones. Sub par radios, terrible battery life and cheap materials have plagued them forever but thats just my opinion. I will never buy an HTC.

If I were you I'd go with the SII but you're not me : )
    I second that, both accounts.
    05-19-2011 10:04 PM
    Boy Genius who is notorious for being a little more biased towards Apple and not giving Android it's due says:

Hands down, the Samsung Galaxy S II is the greatest Android smartphone available on the planet… if you can get past TouchWiz. It’s the fastest smartphone I’ve ever used, it features one of the best displays I have laid eyes on, it offers great signal reception and audio performance on AT&T, it has a great camera, it’s very thin and light,
    05-19-2011 10:15 PM
    Boy Genius who is notorious for being a little more biased towards Apple and not giving Android it's due says:

Hands down, the Samsung Galaxy S II is the greatest Android smartphone available on the planet if you can get past TouchWiz. Its the fastest smartphone Ive ever used, it features one of the best displays I have laid eyes on, it offers great signal reception and audio performance on AT&T, it has a great camera, its very thin and light,
    Man, I want this phone so bad! Now! He said it's the greatest Android smartphone on the planet though, as opposed to just saying greatest smartphone, so he's not really giving Android it's due after all, IMO. I'm sure that distinction goes to the iPhone in his mind. Of course, we here know the truth of the matter.
    05-20-2011 08:11 AM
    Man, I want this phone so bad! Now! He said it's the greatest Android smartphone on the planet though, as opposed to just saying greatest smartphone, so he's not really giving Android it's due after all, IMO. I'm sure that distinction goes to the iPhone in his mind. Of course, we here know the truth of the matter.
    I'm with you my friend. Funny episode last night ... My wife has never had a smartphone, and as you know I've been looking to upgrade to my first Android phone since last August. I've been waiting and waiting so long for just the right phone to come along -- one that will be as future proof as possible for the next two years, as it appears that the GSII will be. Well, a couple of weeks ago, my wife bought a Fascinate from Costco (great deal BTW with a number of really nice accessories thrown in, but I digress). Last night, she's messing around with it checking e-mail, Facebook, etc., and I finally just lose it. There she was, never had a smartphone in her life and she's got an Android device before me! ... and she's loving it. It was then that all the frustration of looking for so long that I had pinned up inside me and all of the anticipation of getting my first Android just came out. And all she could do was fall on the floor laughing. That hurts.
    05-20-2011 08:27 AM
    I'm with you my friend. Funny episode last night ... My wife has never had a smartphone, and as you know I've been looking to upgrade to my first Android phone since last August. I've been waiting and waiting so long for just the right phone to come along -- one that will be as future proof as possible for the next two years, as it appears that the GSII will be. Well, a couple of weeks ago, my wife bought a Fascinate from Costco (great deal BTW with a number of really nice accessories thrown in, but I digress). Last night, she's messing around with it checking e-mail, Facebook, etc., and I finally just lose it. There she was, never had a smartphone in her life and she's got an Android device before me! ... and she's loving it. It was then that all the frustration of looking for so long that I had pinned up inside me and all of the anticipation of getting my first Android just came out. And all she could do was fall on the floor laughing. That hurts.
    LOL! Now if only that event was captured on video for everyone's viewing pleasure!
    DolfanCole likes this.
    05-20-2011 09:23 AM
    LOL! Now if only that event was captured on video for everyone's viewing pleasure!
    Heck, she may have with that nice new smartphone of hers.
    05-20-2011 09:32 AM
    Lol good catch. You're right! He loves that iPhone, nothing will ever best it.

Sent from my Droid
    Friend-O likes this.
    05-20-2011 09:46 AM
    Heck, she may have with that nice new smartphone of hers.
    LMBO! Don't take this the wrong way, but you just reminded me of my little sister. Let me explain... Last summer, my two youngest sisters, Sierra and Cheyenne, were playing a carnival game against each other. Well, Cheyenne won and got to pick a prize, which turned out to be a cute, stuffed monkey. Needless to say, Sierra was extremely jealous and pouted for most of the afternoon. At one point, Cheyenne and I went for a walk while Sierra stayed behind with our dad. Upon our return, my dad was laughing hysterically and Sierra was still pouting with her arms folded. I asked what was so funny and my dad told me that when Sierra saw Cheyenne and I returning, she said in a seething tone, "Here's comes Cheyenne with her fancy monkey..." I couldn't stop laughing. And that's the quote that I equate what you said above to.

Back on topic, don't fret. The fancy GSII will be well worth the wait and your wife will be the envious one soon enough!
    DolfanCole likes this.
    05-20-2011 11:43 AM
    Same story over here. I've been sitting on an upgrade since February when I discovered this site. I was set to pull the trigger but now I can't b/c I want dual core LTE. My wife couldn't wait so i got her a T-bolt (which she loves) and I'm sitting on an env-touch while my wife laughs at me while she's playing angry birds and enjoying all of the other great things that Android offers which I told her about after reading about them on this site.
    DolfanCole likes this.
    05-20-2011 01:01 PM
    Same here. While videos like this are great, they only makes the wait for it that much harder.
    05-20-2011 03:40 PM
    I agree Irish Rose, but when you get it, it'll just that much more rewarding.
    05-20-2011 03:55 PM
    Do you have any idea if the galaxy s2 will come out before unlimited data ends.
    That's a good question. I have a friend that works for VZW who bought a Thunderbolt, rather than waiting for the Samsung Charge (which he would have preferred) because he thought that the unlimited data plan was about to expire months ago. But the Charge came out this week from Verizon with the $29 unlimited data plan. I'm hoping they hold out until the SGS2 hits the stores.

Does anyone have any updated information about the unlimited data expiration?
    05-21-2011 08:35 AM
    Boy Genius says:

[I]Hands down, the Samsung Galaxy S II is the greatest Android smartphone available on the planet if you can get past TouchWiz.
    I've seen a lot of folks say that, but just WHAT does everyone have against TouchWiz??? I have spent some time playing with a Droid X. I thought Motorola's plain Droid interface was boring. Last evening I spent a lot of time with the HTC Incredible 2. I was really hoping to like that phone. But again, I was NOT impressed with HTC Sense. I have an HTC Widows phone now, and I don't use the HTC Sense features, preferring an aftermarket interface. In an Android phone, HTC Sense just doesn't have the features that I've seen and appreciate on my wife's Samsung GS Verizon Fascinate. I like the way they set up the notification screen with the most useful system controls right there. I also like the "Task Manager" feature that nobody else seems to have. And the TouchWiz graphics are beautiful. Just look at the phone keypad compared to anyone else's phone for one small example.

The Samsung interface is one of the reasons I'm holding out for the SGS2 before upgrading to an Android phone. But I am very curious as to why so many folks don't like the TouchWiz interface!?
    05-21-2011 08:57 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD