European Unlocked Phones-Question

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
I have order the GS2 and I had a couple of questions for those here in the US who have purchased European unlocked devices.

1) If something should go wrong with the phone after the return period from the retailer, is it difficult to get your phone exchanged or repaired? Since this device isnt meant for the US, will Samsung service it?
2) If Samsung pushes out an update in Europe, like going to 2.3.4 Gingerbread, will the udpate be available in the US?

I have always purchased Carrier phones where you can just walk in and get your phone exchanged so Im just wondering how risky is this purchase if the phone is defective.

Thanks in advance.

Rickhuizinga

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I also have a question about purchasing a European unlocked GS2:

Is the native Android Gingerbread tethering enabled on these devices?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

aDroidtoRemember

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I have order the GS2 and I had a couple of questions for those here in the US who have purchased European unlocked devices.

1) If something should go wrong with the phone after the return period from the retailer, is it difficult to get your phone exchanged or repaired? Since this device isnt meant for the US, will Samsung service it?
2) If Samsung pushes out an update in Europe, like going to 2.3.4 Gingerbread, will the udpate be available in the US?

I have always purchased Carrier phones where you can just walk in and get your phone exchanged so Im just wondering how risky is this purchase if the phone is defective.

Thanks in advance.

The way I understood it for the warranty, as long as the device is sold through an authorized retailed in the country it was supposed to be sold in (even if it is shipped to the U.S.) then the warranty is still good. But you might have to go through the company you bought the phone with.

And updates from Europe should be available in the US

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia