Recently, I decided to finally learn how to flash ROMs and such. I got cyanogen mod 7 on my old CDMA Hero and ever since I have wondered why I put it off so long. This phone flies now, atleast compared to the old laggy ROM that it came with (excuse me if I use incorrect terminology, I'm still new to this whole thing). Since I saw such an improvement in speed and functionality, I was wondering if it it would be a good idea to (when it comes to the SGS2) root the Galaxy S2 and add cyanogen mod. The phone already has barely lag, if none at all, so how will this effect it? I'm not sure where I'm going with this thread, but hopefully some people will have some good input.
    05-19-2011 10:37 PM
    I'm sure it will come eventually. They just added support for the original galaxy s series. Hopefully the device comes out before too long.
    05-21-2011 09:24 PM
    Great thing about developer support is that if you don't like the way a ROM runs on your device you just flash it back to the "stock" build. Anything goes pretty much. Seeing how it already runs great some spectacular ROMS should show up for this phone

It will be interesting to see what kind of developer support gets behind this handset.

Sent from my Droid
    05-21-2011 09:37 PM
    This has the possibility of being one of those phones where you dont need a rom. Just root to remove bloatware and that is about it.
    05-22-2011 01:08 AM
    I've created some ROMs/Themes for the OG Droid and I do plan on purchasing this phone for Verizon when its released. My first ROM for this phone will be a stock build themed to look like stock Gingerbread. I think that's all it really needs.
    05-22-2011 12:20 PM
    This has the possibility of being one of those phones where you dont need a rom. Just root to remove bloatware and that is about it.
    Agree....after I remove VZW bloat ill be a happy camper. Although Benny's stock GB looks interesting.

Sent from my Droid
    05-22-2011 12:59 PM
    Sorry for linking to another forum, but I think it pertains to the thread. Help
    They must be actively participating in this forum and be a member of our Android Developer group to solicit donations. Please have them talk to me if interested.
    05-22-2011 03:08 PM
    One of the challenges of Cyanogenmod on the Galaxy phones is that GS2 (and GS1) have Samsung's graphic hardware acceleration in various parts of the phone (browser, most notably).

Cycanogenmod doesn't have that access to Samsung's source code, so they can't get that aspect into the ROM. So there will be some stuff lacking in terms of UI smoothness, etc. The XDA guys have talked about it extensively and thats one of the reasons why it took so long to get in on the SG1.
    06-03-2011 05:14 PM