I just got my Infuse 1 week ago. With AT&T, I can test drive the phone for 30 days. If I don't like it, I can take it back for a $40.00 re-stocking fee.

I just heard about the GS2 today, and I'm wondering if I should do that (return the Infuse, get the GS2), assuming it releases in the next 23 days!

Here's a comparison of the two:

Samsung I997 Infuse 4G vs. Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II - GSMArena.com

GS2 seems to be the winner in some categories.

Wondering if I should do it once the GS2 is released...

Any word on when the GS2 will be released?
    05-23-2011 06:05 PM
    It was believed that the may 24th Samsung event was when the SII announcement would've taken place but now that has been postponed with no further notice so signs point to a quarter 3 launch. Whenever the phone Is announced it will have at least a 2 week launch after that so you already are running out of time as each day passes. If you're looking to be satisfied with a phone for a while, you are very impressed with the sII specs and feel you are a person who Is likely to feel regret when something better comes out after you make a purchase... I would play with the phone and take the Infuse back within your trial period my friend.
    05-23-2011 07:28 PM
    Well if it's third quarter, then I'm good, I'm not returning this phone. I've already sold my 3GS on craigslist so I wouldn't have a phone to go back to, lol.

If for some reason it does get release in the next 3 weeks, I'm doing it. If not, ah well.
    05-24-2011 09:54 AM
    If money is no object then you can buy it now, full price. About $750.
    05-24-2011 11:21 AM
    I've already sold my 3GS on craigslist so I wouldn't have a phone to go back to, lol.
    Well enjoy :] Coming from a 3GS I'm sure you're MORE than happy to have this phone taking it's place, getting the job done and going beyond in almost every way.
    05-24-2011 12:15 PM
    Yeah, the GS2 isn't coming out that soon. We'd know a lot more about it if it was. There isn't a single scrap of information besides the name "Attain."
    05-24-2011 03:31 PM
    What a terrible name (Attain? lol). If I ever do get it in the future, I'm never calling it that. It will always remain GS2.

Also, how can you get it for $750? Is it released in Europe already or something?
    05-25-2011 06:13 PM
    What a terrible name (Attain? lol). If I ever do get it in the future, I'm never calling it that. It will always remain GS2.

Also, how can you get it for $750? Is it released in Europe already or something?
    Yep its out in Europe. You can pick.one up from expansys USA.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk
    05-25-2011 07:56 PM
    I'm kind of in the same boat. I just bought the Infuse and I'm loving it mostly but I'm drawn towards the SGII. How reliable is Expansys? I don't mind paying the unlocked price but I'm worried about being scammed or it taking forever to get to me. Additionally, is the Hercules really going to be T-Mobile only as I would love to get that for AT&T since I basically can't decide what I value more, the bigger screen or the faster processor and Gingerbread.
    05-26-2011 11:56 PM
    I'm kind of in the same boat. I just bought the Infuse and I'm loving it mostly but I'm drawn towards the SGII. How reliable is Expansys? I don't mind paying the unlocked price but I'm worried about being scammed or it taking forever to get to me. Additionally, is the Hercules really going to be T-Mobile only as I would love to get that for AT&T since I basically can't decide what I value more, the bigger screen or the faster processor and Gingerbread.
    I had the Infuse for a couple of days. The size was a bit off putting. If you have no issue with the price, the GS2 is superior in every concievable way. With the expection of the screen being smaller.

I purchased from Expansys and they are totally legit.
    05-27-2011 06:30 AM
    I have both at the moment, have had the Infuse for the past two weeks and it's a nice phone. The screen is what makes it great, it is snappy and does a nice job. I decided to order the GS2 and just got it yesterday, first impressions are it's pretty darn close to the Infuse, just a tad smaller. Sure if you run a benchmark test the GS2 will blow the Infuse out, but playing music taking pics just normal stuff the Infuse isn't bad. But I like to have the best, so I sold the Infuse on eBay and did pretty good.
    So far the GS2 seems good, I've had an issue or two with data signal, what is nice about the GS2 is that it will show 3G if it's on 3G, the Infuse would always just show H+, so the GS2 gives you more info on the signal.
    Bottom line is if you like the Infuse you will like the GS2, the slightly smaller screen is just right
    05-29-2011 07:01 AM
    I can't wait for sprint to release their version....as long as they dont put a keyboard on it like they did with the epic
    05-30-2011 06:42 PM
    I just got my Infuse 1 week ago. With AT&T, I can test drive the phone for 30 days. If I don't like it, I can take it back for a $40.00 re-stocking fee.

I just heard about the GS2 today, and I'm wondering if I should do that (return the Infuse, get the GS2), assuming it releases in the next 23 days!

Any word on when the GS2 will be released?
    I'm in a similar situation, though I haven't picked up the Infuse yet. I was -desperately- waiting for it to come out so I could dump my ancient and broken Blackberry. Then it came out and I learned about the S2, so I'm waiting again. Now Costco has just reduced the Infuse to $129 for new and upgrade contracts (no restocking fee by the way). So, do I wait for the S2 given that I really have no idea when it will be released to the US, or do I jump on the awesome Infuse?

Samsung has a bad rep when it comes to updating their phones and with the S2 coming out with the latest OS it seems to make sense to wait, especially since I only upgrade my phone every 3-4 years. Still, the Infuse is such an outstanding phone, does the older OS really matter that much?

I better stop. I can smell my brain burning...
    06-02-2011 11:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD