I just bought a Samsung galaxy S II to replace my iPhone 4 and am trying to stay put this time on Android.

In the past, I had the Evo, (Hated the screen and processor) and the Epic. (Bad battery life, laggy device with poor updates)

I have really grown tired of Apple and iOS. I actually just purchased my first PC in many years and dumped my Mac's. Apple is getting too big for their tight britches. IMO

Anyways, this device seems to have everything I need. These are my priorities and my needs in order from my phone.

Browser
    Email
    Games
    Photos
    Apps

I have been monitoring Android from and it seems that games are being ported from iOS at a rapid click. Are the games pouring in as I think they are?

Battery life was poor on the Evo and Epic. Do you think I can actually make it through a full day on this device? Apple has this nailed down and is the biggest thing that has kept me on their device. The games are the other factor.

I did check out a Windows Phone 7 and actually quite like it, They need time to mature the OS, but it looks like it has a future. Also, devices that have some balls.

Another thing I hated about my Android experience was the amount of inconsistent crappy apps that were available. I struggled to finding a good podcast app and stumbled into dogcatcher. It worked fine, but the UI gas so awful! I know it shouldn't be important but ugly apps with poor GUI interfaces just turned me off. Perhaps thats why Windows Phone 7 was so attractive. Polished apps are in abundance on iOS as well.

This is not meant to be a slam on Android. I wanted to be honest with my opinions so I can get good responses from you guys.

Sold the iPhone for $600, bought SGS2 for $750. If I can get by with everything else, the browser is worth the upgrade in price to me.

So, do you think its a good time to try Android again?
    05-25-2011 03:16 AM
    I solved my battery problems with a zaggsparq 2.0
    I can go 4 days without an outlet. Even during times when I have to take multiple trips internationally over a few days.

I recommend it.
    05-25-2011 05:39 AM
    Let you know today. Mine arives this morning.
    05-25-2011 06:13 AM
    Please do. Thanks!

Sent from my Droid
    05-25-2011 11:20 AM
    That would be fantastic. Are you coming from an iPhone?

Eagerly awaiting your take on the SGS2.
    05-25-2011 12:12 PM
    Looking forward to the feedback in regards to the GS2.

Sent by this droid
    05-25-2011 12:17 PM
    I went from an iPhone4 to the SG2. It is a terrific device and with very heavy use, 3 mail accounts, twitter, facebook, browsing, music, and audible books I can do 13 hours until it really is time to shut down. The screen is the main draw for me, and the power is used better than other Android devices I have or had owned (Nexus S, Evo4g, Atrix, Inspire 4g, OG Droid). This is the first Android device I have used that is a smooth as the iPhone. The iPhone is a boring device because of its flawlessness, really. Apps have quite a way to go to match those on IOS, but they are usable. Prior Android devices were really somewhat crude and very flawed in many ways, but this device is much better than most other Android devices and you will most likely be satisfied with it coming from an iPhone 4, except fro the battery performance.
    05-25-2011 01:29 PM
    Been playing with it all day. I will try and get up my initial thoughts tonight.

Very initial thoughts; phone is sweet!! Very fast. Very thin. Very light.
    05-25-2011 02:55 PM
    where did you guys end up ordering from as i am considering this just want to find a good retailer who ships to the US.

cannot wait to hear yours guys reviews!
    05-25-2011 03:14 PM
    This is the first Android device I have used that is a smooth as the iPhone. .
    This right here is the single most important thing you could have said while not a fan of iOS I do LOVE how smooth it is.

Ive NEVER seen or used an Android device that performs like an iPhone. Ever. Period. This is what I'm looking for in an Android handset.

Garment can you verify this as well?
    05-25-2011 04:00 PM
    But why does it appear to take a dual-core processor to achieve the smoothness of iOS? I'm just wondering.
    05-25-2011 09:22 PM
    I think that 2.3 finally implemented graphics GPU acceleration for Android.
    05-25-2011 10:08 PM
    I think that 2.3 finally implemented graphics GPU acceleration for Android.
    The Galaxy S2 has a tweaked browser where the Mali GPU is used extensively, unlike other Android devices. Has nothing to do with 2.3.
    05-26-2011 09:38 AM
    I've used a lot of android phones and all the iOS ones as well and this is as smooth as my iphone 4. Actually my iphone 4 has some email lag and jitters in some spots. The sgs2 is like butter--finally.
    05-26-2011 04:16 PM
    Just wondering but is everyone that is buying a S2 on AT&T?
    05-26-2011 06:01 PM
    This right here is the single most important thing you could have said while not a fan of iOS I do LOVE how smooth it is.

Ive NEVER seen or used an Android device that performs like an iPhone. Ever. Period. This is what I'm looking for in an Android handset.

Garment can you verify this as well?
    I 100% agree with you. There has been no android phone and I mean not 1 that is as smooth as the iphone. I to have been searching for this. My next phone was going to be a iphone because of that reason. However now the op is making me want to see how the Sg2 is before I make the switch to ios.
    05-26-2011 10:33 PM
    I have been on iPhones since they came out, and never owned an Android device, but three weeks ago I bought the SGS2. Last week I sold the iPhone and made the switch complete. In my mind the SGS2 is just as responsive as the iPhone which was important to me, but the Gingerbread and TW4 features just outperform iOS. I like the size of the screen, but the phone feels a little bit too big and too thin too carry in the pocket.. I'm afraid to break it in half when I sit down... I have the European version.

Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk
    05-30-2011 03:10 AM
    Loving the hell out of mine. It blows I4 out of the water. Nothings perfect, but this is as close to having the internet in your pocket I have ever seen or used

However, this might all change on June 6th at WWDC. Damn you Apple"
    05-30-2011 10:20 PM
    Loving the hell out of mine. It blows I4 out of the water. Nothings perfect, but this is as close to having the internet in your pocket I have ever seen or used

However, this might all change on June 6th at WWDC. Damn you Apple"
    Well, at least we'll hear about iOS 5. No hardware announcements as far as I know.
    05-30-2011 10:25 PM
    please upload some photos of the device. i would love to see some comparisons with the iphone 4.
    05-31-2011 01:06 AM
    please upload some photos of the device. i would love to see some comparisons with the iphone 4.
    There are YouTube videos of this exactly. Just query YouTube.
    05-31-2011 08:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD