Anyone using S2 on AT&T

RippThaJacker

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Can you tell me what kind of a data plan you have? I have the 15 unlimited dumb phone data since I use an unlocked phone. If i buy the phone and start to get Hspa speeds it might make them suspicious.

ThunderFan

Feb 5, 2010
Visit site
It works on ATT's HSPA+ service which they are calling 4G. It will not work on thier LTE network once that is deployed.

Do even have any LTE compatible or upgradable devices at the moment? Didn't figure they had any since they are just about to roll it out this summer finally and to a limited market at that.

legaltender

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Blackberry to S2

I have a Blackberry Torch with a grandfather unlimited blackberry data plan.....would I need to swtich my plan to one of the new 4Gig max plans or can I still use my old plan...did anyone go from a blackberry to the S2?

stevehsteveh

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I have a Blackberry Torch with a grandfather unlimited blackberry data plan.....would I need to swtich my plan to one of the new 4Gig max plans or can I still use my old plan...did anyone go from a blackberry to the S2?

No need to do anything except putting in your SIM. The phone is unknown on the AT&T system and works well with HSPA+ where available. Don?t call anyone, just swap out your SIM.

Reactions: legaltender

legaltender

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Ok......received my phone and swapped my blackberry sim in but it doesnt seem to be picking up 3g or 4g.....did u guys have to change your settings

Mattism78

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I popped my sim in and was off. I actually switched from an iPhone 4 to the SGS2. I just went to AT&T and told them I was switching to a Razr and needed a regular sim. They gave me one for free and I was good to go.

chestvrg

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Ok......received my phone and swapped my blackberry sim in but it doesnt seem to be picking up 3g or 4g.....did u guys have to change your settings

Why don't you call at&t and tell them that you just got a smartphone (that is not a blackberry) and they should be able to update you to the correct data plan.

I had a similar problem updating from an iPhone4 to an HTC Inspire 4G and the data SIM was picking it up under the medianet data plan & when I called they just updated me to the smartphone personal data plan unlimited and I was good to go.

Call them, I'm sure they'll put you on the correct data plan.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

ifellasleep

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
this may sound like a dumb question but when you receive mms on the phone do the pictures come out really small? I ask because i have had a few unsuported phones on att over the years and when i use to recieve mms from people the pictures came out really tiny because my device was not supported. If someone can check on that for me I would really appreciate it

stevehsteveh

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
What kind of speeds are you seeing on this device?

Since I have updated my plan to 4g I now see as fast as 5600kbps down and 1620kbps up. This is in NJ which is very congested, so you may do better elsewhere.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakhikumari800000