I'm in the process of ordering the Galaxy S II, but first I want to confirm if the Samsung Kies software is compatible with this model and that it syncs/works.

Coming from an iphone4 and now an HTC inspire 4G, I can sync all my contacts, calendar, bookmarks, music, and pictures from and to Outlook and using HTC Sync software and previously using itunes software by Apple.

Now the question is, does the Samsung kies have the same properties b/c I don't want to get a Samsung device that can not sync my Outlook data and specially my itunes music and picture library w/o having to rely on a 3rd party vendor software ex( the missing sync or companion link). That is one of the main reasons why I'm staying now with an HTC device b/can of its robust HTC Sync software which can be downloaded for free at HTC's website.

Please let me know GS II users of you are using Samsung kids software to manage your contents in your devuce, this is very important to me as I have over 200 contacts in my outlook account, hundreds of calendar entries, my entire picture and music library in the thousands of files and of course my bookmarks.

Thank you.
    05-27-2011 11:29 AM
    Why doesn't anyone help me to answer my question?
    05-27-2011 03:23 PM
    Why doesn't anyone help me to answer my question?
    Did you ever get an answer to your question?
    I need to know as well.
    07-02-2012 06:43 AM
    I've just come across this thread, and thought I should post reply as no one else has.

I'm using Kies (usb connected) to sync my Galaxy SII running ICS with Outlook 2010 (32 bit) on Windows Home Premium 64 bit and it works very well. I'm syncing Contact, Tasks, Calendar and Outlook Notes with the native versions of these data on the 'phone.

Prior to this, I have had both HTC and Motorola 'phones and used a third party solution to do this, This also worked very well, but it required third party Calendar and Notes applications to be loaded on the 'phone. I personally prefer the Kies solution as it uses the native versions.

I can't comment on using Kies to sync music or photos as I don't use it for this.

I don't listen to music on my 'phone and for 'photos and other files ( I have nearly 10 Gb of pdfs and other notes stored in the phone on an external sd card), I connect the 'phone to my PC as an external usb storage device and use a different piece of software on the PC to keep the 'phone copies of this data up to date.

Hope this helps

Barney
    07-09-2012 07:33 AM
    I've just come across this thread, and thought I should post reply as no one else has.

I'm using Kies (usb connected) to sync my Galaxy SII running ICS with Outlook 2010 (32 bit) on Windows Home Premium 64 bit and it works very well. I'm syncing Contact, Tasks, Calendar and Outlook Notes with the native versions of these data on the 'phone.

Prior to this, I have had both HTC and Motorola 'phones and used a third party solution to do this, This also worked very well, but it required third party Calendar and Notes applications to be loaded on the 'phone. I personally prefer the Kies solution as it uses the native versions.

I can't comment on using Kies to sync music or photos as I don't use it for this.

I don't listen to music on my 'phone and for 'photos and other files ( I have nearly 10 Gb of pdfs and other notes stored in the phone on an external sd card), I connect the 'phone to my PC as an external usb storage device and use a different piece of software on the PC to keep the 'phone copies of this data up to date.

Hope this helps

Barney
    Hey, thanks man. I pretty much concluded Kies would do the trick but wasn't aware it would sync tasks & notes as well. Thats really cool.
    07-09-2012 07:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD