Been looking at the nexus s lately....

Status
Not open for further replies.

anjaco

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Idk why but I am just attracted to the nexus s. I am seriously considering selling my sgs2 to buy the nexus s. And to me they are both buttery smooth awesome devices. Idk I think I'm crazy and every else prolly does too. But I am thinking about getting into developing soon and I am leaning towards selling my s2 and buying a nexus s on AT&T, any input?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

anjaco

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
And if I decide to sell this sgs2 I would love to sell it to a member of the forums.
If I decide to...

legendary1022

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
do as you please. Both devices have their strengths. To me the nexus s while a sleek looking phone wasn't for me to upgrade to after the nexus one. I didn't like the design materials and no expandable memory bummed me out at the time it was released. the size and weight of the device are in the sweet spot though for me. And having NFC may come in handy in the future and it is what has got me holding off for the nexus 3 from the SGSII or the sensation

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
What kind of development are you talking about? If it's ROMs/kernel/themes for fun, then the Nexus is much easier to develop for. If it's apps, your GS2 should work just as well.

anjaco

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah roms development, possibly some apps who knows. And that's what I thought...

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Samsung phones are notoriously hard to develop for, hence why the Captivate/Vibrant just recently got CyanogenMod support despite being out for almost a year. The Epic and Fascinate still don't have official Cyanogen.

The Nexus line, on the other hand, has strong developer support due to it being completely open and intended as a developer phone. I had the Epic before my Nexus, and all I heard were complaints from developers about all the proprietary code that Samsung uses - which makes it hard for developers to work on.

anjaco

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
So in your opinion, the nexus is full Dev support, and in my eyes is fast enough for me. I am definitely considering selling my sgs2

Last edited:

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
If that's what's important to you. Not sure how much of a rush you're in - you could also hold on to your GS2 and grab a Nexus 3, which will probably be out before the end of the year.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Just an educated guess. Nexus One was released 1/15/10, Nexus S was released 12/16/10 (less than a year between releases). Every time there is a new Android OS, there is a new Nexus - and Ice Cream Sandwich is due out this year.

anjaco

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah. Well I'm opting for it right now, I'm buying full retail so its not like contracts are an issue :/
If the new one comes out I could craigslist the nexus s away.
Another question. Do you think anyone on these forums is willing to buy a two week old unlocked sgs2?

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
For sale posts/threads are only allowed in the Marketplace, however you must be a member for 3 months and have 50 posts to list an item there.

I'm sure it would go fast on craigslist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac