I played with a Nexus S in store and I could see all of these little tiny black pixels. I have a few questions, 1) can you see them? 2) does it bother you? 3) is the Galaxy S2 the same or less noticeable, not noticeable at all?? The screens on the epic and nexus s drive me crazy, yes they are very vibrant but those little pixels drive me crazy. Hoping the Galaxy S2 isn't like this, as I am still torn between EVO3D, Photon, and Galaxy S2. Thanks
    06-22-2011 06:27 AM
    The GSII is a SAMOLED+ screen versus the SAMOLED of the Nexus S. So I'd suspect that there will be quite a difference. Not sure what you saw though. I don't know if the SAMOLED used in the Nexus S is a pentile-type display though.
    06-22-2011 07:54 AM
    Is the Nexus S a Super Amoled + display device also.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    06-22-2011 07:55 AM
    Is the Nexus S a Super Amoled + display device also.

No, the Nexus S is a Super Amoled display. Super Amoled is a PenTile Matrix Display while Super Amoled Plus is not. With PenTile displays you may notice more jaggy text and sometimes it may appear more "grainy" than traditional displays. For me the Plus displays are a huge improvement.
    06-22-2011 08:53 AM
    Thank you for the explanation.

06-22-2011 04:15 PM
    Thanks
    06-22-2011 06:45 PM
    There was this article on Engadget a while back, showing the difference between the displays upclose.

Galaxy S II and Galaxy S screens compared at the subpixel level (video) -- Engadget
    06-22-2011 08:42 PM
    There was this article on Engadget a while back, showing the difference between the displays upclose.

Galaxy S II and Galaxy S screens compared at the subpixel level (video) -- Engadget
    Good find thanks!
    06-22-2011 08:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD