Cases and screen protectors?

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Now that most of us have pre -ordered from Sprint, Att and Verizon, what cases/screen protectors have you guys found so far. I like to have them in my hand before I get the phone.

junglejunkie

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I ordered 3 different TPU cases off of ebay last night. They were only $2-$3 each coming from Hong Kong. I figured that at least one of them had to be decent. I will more than likely have the phone in my hands before the cases even arrive.

mikesmith

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I love TPU cases. I might get a clear one to show off the blue S3 I ordered.

Is ultra crystal from steinheil still the best screen protector? It's what I got on my DX.

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I think otter box with take away from the "small" feeling of this phone. Might actually make it feel like a 4.8" screen if you know what I mean (hey, that rhymed)

trinamorgan88

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
Otterbox is to boxy/clunky for my taste. I prefer Seidio for their balance of protection and STYLE!

I'm know I lot of people like Seidio, but I'm clumsy and need protection. Also, when my case refused to lock after a fall, they sent me a replacement case no questions asked.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk 2

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I've said this a hundred times on this forum but I want a LifeProof case! Very unlikely though. Otter boxes really are obnoxiously ugly. Not sure why either. They do protect the phone very well. I'll probably get a seido extended battery and hope they make a case for the extended battery version.

Prozak

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I bought this...

Aluminum Alloy Blade Metal Frame Bumper Case for Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 (Grey) | eBay

A little expensive, however I want to show off the whole phone but still keep it protected.. if it falls on a flat surface, the "bumper" will stop it.. Curious to see how it is once it arrives and I slip it onto my phone June 20th :):D

This is exactly what Im looking for, but I have a couple questions... so I may by a cheap one and wait for a couple reviews or something.

1. Its from Hong Kong... so its a knock off of something, and could have some issues... (color rubbng off on phone, case breaking, etc)
2. Being aluminum, will this affect signal strength at all?
3. Will this be too stiff on a fall? I mean... if it has absolutely no give what so ever, what is the difference between landing on a hard floor, or landing on a hard floor with aluminum surrounding the phone?

What do you think? unfortunately, this is an area where apple succeeds. They have some great 1st and 3rd party cases.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar