has anyone seen any sort of "grip enhancer" for the phone?

XKxRome0ox

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
did not use a case on the galaxy s1 or s2.5 and had no problem
but the s3 is much slimmer and slicker
i am a frequent battery swapper so i don't want a full skin/case
but i do feel like i need to do something to make sure the s3 doesn't slip out of my hand

has anyone come across a ... phone back case (the battery cover) replacement with a better grip?
a not so pretty solution would be gluing/attaching some sort of grip to the battery cover

any leads?

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
did not use a case on the galaxy s1 or s2.5 and had no problem
but the s3 is much slimmer and slicker
i am a frequent battery swapper so i don't want a full skin/case
but i do feel like i need to do something to make sure the s3 doesn't slip out of my hand

has anyone come across a ... phone back case (the battery cover) replacement with a better grip?
a not so pretty solution would be gluing/attaching some sort of grip to the battery cover

any leads?

Check eBay there are various battery door replacements

GSIII VZW via tapatalk 2

adelcastillo78

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I use the OEM Samsung Ultra slim case. It adds grip and is so thin that it doesn't look like there is even a case on. When I tell people my phone has a case. They have to stop to see if it does have a case.

ChapStick Assassin

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
This might be overkill, but a Flygrip attached to a case seems like it'd be helpful in certain situations.

I would buy one of those in a heartbeat if they weren't selling a $3 piece of plastic for $30. Tone down the high-end packaging and sell it to me for $15 before the knock-off's start flooding the market with $8 replicas.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I have to say, I was a little concerned about the smooth surface when I first got it, coming from 2 previous smartphones that had the soft-touch black backing.

However I personally don't think it is a problem anymore. If your fingers have any amount of moisture on them the phone sticks like glue.

I'll have to see what happens when winter rolls around and humidity levels plummet, but for right now I'm digging this hyper-glaze, or whatever they call it.

-Suntan

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
check out phantom skinz. They seem to be pretty popular around here. Might give you more protection and group with out the bulk

XKxRome0ox

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
so it's been about two weeks since i made this thread
i've been using my phone without any cover or skin ... and haven't had any problem
so i may just keep it completely naked

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
so it's been about two weeks since i made this thread
i've been using my phone without any cover or skin ... and haven't had any problem
so i may just keep it completely naked

I would be very cautious if I were you a lot of ppl talking about cracked screens from one drop

RoOtEd GSIII vzw via tapatalk 2

GalaxyOnyxWitch

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
I put a Case Mate Barely there case on the back, while it doesn't add bulk and does add very little protection (better than none though) I just put a clear screen protector on the back to cover the artwork on the case and provide a bit more traction.

So far so good...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34