Metal Replacement Cover for the GS3 - Anyone????

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Are there not NFC protection protocols on the GS3? To use or not to use is personal preference which I totally agree with. I have no use for it myself.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Not wanting to be hacked? You must not have seen what happened earlier this week with NFC? If the metal on the back of my phone prevents that kind of crap I'm all for it. Now I don't want the trade off of a weaker signal. Nfc was never important to me anyway. If I want to pay for something I'll do it the old fashioned way.;)

just dont use NFC lol :)

PIP 3D

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
NFC= Not F***ing Caught :) have u got a link for the security thing that happened man?

LMAO. I don't have it on hand but if you Google it out should pop up. Think it happened Wednesday. The dude hacked the phone using nfc and actually took control of it. No thanks. I was pretty shocked to be honest. Thought they would have had better protection. It's videos of the guy doing it. He works for a security firm I believe.

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Getting a metal battery cover is really not necessary considering you can just turn NFC off..no one can hack you via NFC, if you're concerned about that, if it's off.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
If one reads the complete presentation about the hacking of NFC one sees that while it is possible to do in very controlled circumstances it is not something that can be done in the field under actual user conditions.
I for one am not giving up cell phones, computers, banking cards, card readers at checkouts, etc. simply because any electronic communication is susceptible to hacking. But to each his own.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma