Metal Replacement Cover for the GS3 - Anyone????

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
really expensive man. i orderd a few cases from amazon yday. the most expensive one was like ?11.50 or somethin, a leather flip case which is SO not my style lol, duno y i ordered it but maybe il like it :)

gordonzhao

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm more about the obs. But unfortunately the commuter isn't available yet so I ordered the faxion from incipio.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

pdhahn

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
These metal covers are pretty cool looking, but does anyone know if they interfere with the signal on the phone at all? That's the only thing I would be a little nervous about.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
These metal covers are pretty cool looking, but does anyone know if they interfere with the signal on the phone at all? That's the only thing I would be a little nervous about.

yeah id like to see a signal test. using metal can be hit or miss when it comes to signal. i wonder if the s3's metal band affects the signal in a good or bad way..

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
My understanding from reading the Samsung S3 site info is that metal over the battery area of the phone will kill the NFC feature.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
The Samsung logo and Galaxy S III is stamped on the back so presumably the vendor has been authorized to use them and thus Samsung is comfortable with their use.

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy S3 III GT-i9300 ~ Metal Blue Plastic Back Cover ~ Mobile Phone Repair Part Replacement

Read that. It's PLASTIC. The color is "metal blue". haha

Mac.World

ΣΛΤ ΜΣ
May 3, 2012
Visit site
For everyone's info:

I have the back cover the OP linked to. It is labeled as metal and plastic because the back is metal over a black plastic frame.

It WILL block your NFC chip. Any piece of metal will.

It WILL decrease signal strength between 3 and 9 dBm. It's not a lot. If you are in an LTE area you won't notice. If you are in an area with already bad signal, this could be a significant issue.

Buying real carbon fiber is as bad as metal. It blocks signals due to the carbon weave. Kevlar weave is something you want. Look at the Motorola RAZR back material as an example.

And finally, I got my back battery cover before the at&t model was released. Took 2 weeks from China to California.

PIP 3D

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
This cover may be exactly what I needed after seeing how nfc was compromised earlier this week. Personally never planned on using it anyway. And since this supposedly blocks the nfc signal it only makes me want it more. I definitely don't want anybody hacking my phone because of it.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
This cover may be exactly what I needed after seeing how nfc was compromised earlier this week. Personally never planned on using it anyway. And since this supposedly blocks the nfc signal it only makes me want it more. I definitely don't want anybody hacking my phone because of it.

lmao no offence man but thats rediculous ;)

PIP 3D

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
lmao no offence man but thats rediculous ;)

Not wanting to be hacked? You must not have seen what happened earlier this week with NFC? If the metal on the back of my phone prevents that kind of crap I'm all for it. Now I don't want the trade off of a weaker signal. Nfc was never important to me anyway. If I want to pay for something I'll do it the old fashioned way.;)