Best Exercise Case/Armband for Samsung Galaxy s3?

rjenkin41

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I guess I need to start exercising, so given this unfortunate news I want to at least play music while I'm doing it.

I know Android Central sells the Armpocket i30 extreme (which seems like a great armband), but it costs $35. Considering I've already spent $35 on a cell phone case, I don't want to shell out another 35.

So, anybody know a case that is comparable to this one, but at half the price? I've been looking around, but there aren't very many customer reviews out there yet for many of the armbands. Just wondering if anybody stumbled across a really good one for a cheaper price.

Thanks

walcolm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Hope you remember to disable the motion features of the S3 before you start your exercises else every time you move your S3 will change the music check the weather, scan for nearby devices etc:D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: jbookworm1

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I bought a cheapy one off ebay to use while running. BAD IDEA. The thing basically vacuum sealed my phone from the heat of the sun and light body moisture. Was impossible to control the volume and controls properly because the clear plastic was so tight and after struggling to remove my phone for 5 minutes the process damaged my Phantom Skinz!

Sent from my rooted/stock Samsung Galaxy SIII using Android Central Forums

rjenkin41

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
The Arkon one seems pretty decent and maybe something I will try out (although it seems to be a tight fit). I might just have to bite the bullet on the Armpocket one. Of all the armbands I've looked at, the Armpocket is the only one I would buy in confidence.

Please keep me posted if you guys run across anything else! Thanks for the help

rjenkin41

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site

Have you had trouble, pdl2mtl90, getting the phone in and out of the armband? Also, do you have a case on your Galaxy s3? Some of the reviews on Amazon have mentioned that it's not manufactured well. Thanks

anon(181017)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
The Arkon one seems pretty decent and maybe something I will try out (although it seems to be a tight fit). I might just have to bite the bullet on the Armpocket one. Of all the armbands I've looked at, the Armpocket is the only one I would buy in confidence.

Please keep me posted if you guys run across anything else! Thanks for the help

I think I'm going to go with the Armpocket as well. Looked at some of the cheapies on Amazon, but the Armpocket looks like the roomiest by far, may even fit without taking off my TPU case? Plus the pocket for keys, etc. is a bonus, and it looks hefty enough that I can trust it to block sweat. Plus with the versatility of an armband case I should be able to secure it to my bike or motorcycle handlebars as well, so it'll serve multiple purposes.

Besides, I get a lot from AC and give so little, I might as well support their store! ;)

pstellato73

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I had the Tunebelt AB83 case for my Thunderbolt and I liked it a lot, except that I had to take it out of the case. But, I just saw that tunebelt makes a wider armband (for the phone that is) which says you can keep your phone in its case. For the SGS3 it looks to be model number AB85. It says it can fit phone + case of up to 5.5" in length and 7.75" in circumference. I have the casemate pop case on mine and it is slightly longer than 5.5" long, but it comes in at 7" in circumference, so I might be going with that one. You will definitely need the armband extender though. I have slightly larger than average arms and with the extender it was a little tight on me. but comfortable enough to wear for a while. The other thing I have been hearing about these armbands (Especially the cheaper ones on ebay or amazon) is that the sweat resistance is just not there and the phones are getting wet. The tunebelt is great with that respect. Just hope I can fit the phone with no issues.

http://www.amazon.com/Otterbox-Defe...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU2031490

Reactions: rjenkin41

bunta

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I think i'm the opposite of most. my SGS3 is naked and I'd want the slimmest armband as possible. Don't want to feel like i have a 2nd head protruding from my bicep. The belkin and Aakron look descent.

HotDogCountry

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I have a Galaxy sIII and I have actually used the Armpocket i30. I just can not stand the cord position. I tried a belt instead and now use it every day. It's called the Flip Belt and I used a coupon I found. It's lockdownrun. You really can not tell it is there. Pretty cool product. I think it is FlipBelt - Running Belt if you are interested in looking.

BMIC50

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
I had the Tunebelt AB83 case for my Thunderbolt and I liked it a lot, except that I had to take it out of the case. But, I just saw that tunebelt makes a wider armband (for the phone that is) which says you can keep your phone in its case. For the SGS3 it looks to be model number AB85. It says it can fit phone + case of up to 5.5" in length and 7.75" in circumference. I have the casemate pop case on mine and it is slightly longer than 5.5" long, but it comes in at 7" in circumference, so I might be going with that one. You will definitely need the armband extender though. I have slightly larger than average arms and with the extender it was a little tight on me. but comfortable enough to wear for a while. The other thing I have been hearing about these armbands (Especially the cheaper ones on ebay or amazon) is that the sweat resistance is just not there and the phones are getting wet. The tunebelt is great with that respect. Just hope I can fit the phone with no issues.

Amazon.com: Armband for Otterbox Droid X Defender Series Case by Tune Belt also fits Otterbox Defender Series cases for Droid Razr, HTC Thunderbolt, Samsung Galaxy Nexus and more: Electronics

+1. It even has extensions for those with us with bigger arms.

jarefri

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I would not exercise with my S3. It is way to big and expensive to risk damage from rain, falls, and sweat. The S3 arm bands are huge. Kinda looks like you have a tablet strapped to your arm. Go out and buy a small cheap mp3 player for 15 dollars. You will be happy you did.

Also, never listen to music when running on / near the street, bike paths, etc. Your life is more important than a playlist.

WAWood8

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I have an Arkon and it works great. However, I also use an Incipio case -- which is very easy to remove -- and take that off before inserting the S3 into the armband. The rubber edges of the Incipio case cause the phone to be very difficult to insert/remove.

And, yeah, it's big -- but so is the phone!

Zero Hunter

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I bought a cheapy one off ebay to use while running. BAD IDEA. The thing basically vacuum sealed my phone from the heat of the sun and light body moisture. Was impossible to control the volume and controls properly because the clear plastic was so tight and after struggling to remove my phone for 5 minutes the process damaged my Phantom Skinz!

Sent from my rooted/stock Samsung Galaxy SIII using Android Central Forums

That looks like the one I got too and I agree, the cheapy one is not good for this reason. It was such a struggle to get my phone out afterwards.

NickelCity0077

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Hi thanks for the input. I'm looking for a case that is someone weather proof that i can use when I ski to record video. Is there such a product? No, not interested in purchasing a helmet cam ;) :-$

Doyer

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, the GS3 in the Arkon armband fits well. I was able to get it into the armband with the Otterbox Commuter case one, but that was a tight fit. It fits perfect naked.

noLvyl.jpg

Sammyc53

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I run during work hours and have no choice but to keep my phone on me. Plus, RunKeeper is an amazing companion, being able to track stats keeps my motivated and running more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12