Seidio Releases 3500 mAh Extended Life Battery for Galaxy S3 [NFC Now Available!]

seidioseidio

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Hello All,

We are excited to inform fellow Android Central members that our Innocell 3500mAh Super Extended Life Battery for the Samsung Galaxy S3 is finally here and now shipping! It is available via Seidio and coming soon to the Android Central store! (This battery does not have NFC, but there will be a NFC version coming in September.) Here are some pictures:

BACY35SSGS3-BK-2.jpg

BACY35SSGS3-BK-3.jpg

We also have a case that is compatible with the extended battery called the SURFACE Extended Case and SURFACE Extended Combo. Here are some pictures:

CSR5SSGS3-BK-4.jpg

BD2-HR5SSGS3-BK-3.jpg

Last edited:

Neotravy

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Seidio Releases 3500 mAh Extended Life Battery for Galaxy S3

Exciting. I'd like to see a case with a kickstand that would fit this tho....

eatonjb

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site

no NFC.. bummer. question is, so it's a case also in theory?
not a battery door..

seidioseidio

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

no NFC.. bummer. question is, so it's a case also in theory?
not a battery door..

There will be a NFC version coming in September (and can be pre-ordered). The extended battery comes with a replacement battery door because the battery is bigger than the stock battery and will not fit in the stock battery door. This door is not considered a case.

There is a separate case that you can purchase called the SURFACE Extended that will be compatible with the extended battery.

how much cost?

3500 mAh Extended Life Battery is US$69.95 (with NFC version is US$74.95)

SURFACE Extended case is US$29.95

SURFACE Extended Combo is US$49.95

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

Cool might pick one up soon. Is the battery door the smallest it can be? The battery doesnt seem that big of a difference from the oem battery but the battery door looks huge.

CSI Guy

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site

What Percent increase will the battery give you?

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site

There will be a NFC version coming in September (and can be pre-ordered). The extended battery comes with a replacement battery door because the battery is bigger than the stock battery and will not fit in the stock battery door. This door is not considered a case.

There is a separate case that you can purchase called the SURFACE Extended that will be compatible with the extended battery.

3500 mAh Extended Life Battery is US$69.95 (with NFC version is US$74.95)

SURFACE Extended case is US$29.95

SURFACE Extended Combo is US$49.95

Why the absorbant cost here??? Just got my 4000 mah battery 2 days ago and so far i'm getting 17 hours out of it with very heavy usage while on Sprint. This is sickening price!!!:mad:

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Why the absorbant cost here??? Just got my 4000 mah battery 2 days ago and so far i'm getting 17 hours out of it with very heavy usage while on Sprint. This is sickening price!!!:mad:

That's not a lot of talk time for such a big battery. The price seems to be about right though. I paid $99 for my Mophie which is 2000 mah.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site

Thats on Sprints network going through updates so Sprint drains your battery tremendously. Also, I have several widgets going with email, FB, Twitter and Instagram all pushing through messages. At 17 hours Ill still have 20 percent battery remaining. And this is at a WONDERFUL cost of 21 bucks with shipping included. I'd be a FOOL to pay this much for a battery and its accessories. This price is higher than Best Buy which is ridiculous.!!! Go to Amazon and get a much better battery at a third of the cost. Hyperion for the WIN!

seidioseidio

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

Cool might pick one up soon. Is the battery door the smallest it can be? The battery doesnt seem that big of a difference from the oem battery but the battery door looks huge.

The battery door is manufactured to fit snug with the extended battery, and the extended battery is about the size of two OEM batteries stacked on top of one another.

What Percent increase will the battery give you?

You can expect to get about 60% increase in battery life over the OEM battery, but that will also vary depending on the amount of usage of each user.

Reactions: Tkbredx

eul0gy06

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site

The Seidio name is what you're paying for here. I own a Hyperion 4200mah that lasts me days of heavy use ; gaming, music and web surfing, without a charge. It was built with grade A cells AND it's nfc enabled. It cost me no more than $25 shipped from amazon. Don't pay such a ridiculous price for their brand name rip off. This battery probably cost Seidio less than $5 to manufacture per unit. Same thing with Mugen batteries....just another company full of rip off artists.

Edit: Yes the back cover is nothing special...no fancy engraving or metallic print. But is any of that necessary? Much less worth paying 50 more? It gets the job done and if you use the custom tpu case, also made by Hyperion, then the back plate is irrelevant is it not?

Last edited:
Reactions: truthteller10

jaebberwock

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site

After a certain point, you only get an incremental increase in quality per dollar spent. I bought at extra 2200 mah Anker battery for $8 shipped. That is chump change and I can't tell the difference from stock aside from no NFC. For $90 for a Mophie, that is a lot of batteries I could get.

I will bet money that none of the branded batteries are produced in the U.S. or in-house but is sourced from the same factories as everyone else. There is no way to be cost effective at their production levels or else fixed costs would be way too high.

If you're willing to pay more money, then pay it for what is hopefully a better designed battery cover to go along with the extended. Usually, they are pretty atrocious with the cheaper batteries.

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site

Hyperion 4200 Mah battery with NFC including S&H cost me 22 bucks. The battery is amazing. I'm 17 hrs with screen time at 6 hrs and still have 20% juice remaining.

That's really good. Anyone test the Seidio version yet?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci