SEIDIO OBEX? Waterproof Case [NEW COLOR OPTION]

xKrNMBoYx

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: NEW Seidio OBEX Waterproof Case [Now Shipping!]

I'll give Obex a chance to improve by the time LifeProof comes out. I'll make my decision then. Keep up the helpful feedback guys

steveo205

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site

Hi,

Do you have any UK suppliers or stockists I can buy one of your OBEX Combo cases for my Samsung Galaxy S3?

Thanks.

seidioseidio

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

Hi,

Do you have any UK suppliers or stockists I can buy one of your OBEX Combo cases for my Samsung Galaxy S3?

Thanks.

Unfortunately, I don't believe that we have an UK retailers that have the OBEX in stock. However, we do ship to the UK from our online store.

elmicnip

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site

I am a little upset. I was gifted this case by my brother and it is garbage. I wish my bro would have waited, but his impulsiveness bought this product right after it came out because he knew I was getting an S3 and I am always complaining how companies do not make their electronics waterproof and/or resistant. Well his heart was in the right place. I really do not understand why Seidio dropped the ball on this one. The products I have used and seen from Seidio have been of good quality. I have read the reviews and watched many videos, but nothing can get this case to work correctly. The previous video (posted on this thread) surprised me; his virtual buttons worked and his finger actually operated the screen. Did other countries get the working product and the US get all the rejects. I would understand this marketing ploy us; sell the masses junk and while everyone complains only a small portion will attempt a refund. Well I would like my brother to get a refund and then he can either wait for a lifeproof to get me or some other case, but the warranty is out of date (the fallback of buying gifts for others that companies are aware of and are taking full advantage of). If I knew he was getting me a case from Seidio I would have requested a different one based on the reviews I saw. Do not get me wrong, in my experience, Seidio has always had good quality merchandise at a reasonable price, but this Obex is BullHonky.

The only good use for Obex:
If I put a rock in it it would make a decent paperweight.

P.S.
I have read many complaints about the headphone jack... ever hear of a technology called of bluetooth?

dakota0990

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site

Just bought the obex yesterday through bestbuy. I'll be returning it today. The sensitivity wasn't bad, but the voice quality was terrible. That issue definitely needs to be addressed if a revised version is being made. If not I'll be waiting for Lifeproof.

Sent from my S3-X

OZDroid

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site

I bought one of these cases for the Samsung Galaxy S3 in December and it seems well made however the audio quality is atrocious with massive severe echo for both parties on calls. Opening the bottom of the case alleviates it some but I don't think i should need to open the case every time I'm on a call. I have sent an email to SEIDIO and they said to reinstall the phone in the case, this has already been done but it didn't fix the problem. They've said I can fill in a form for a replacement and they'll decide whether they will replace it, this will cost me more money since I'm in Australia and it has to go to the US, and there's no guarantee a replacement case will be any better.
Not real happy with the case due to this problem.
Has anyone had any echo problems using this phone in the OBEX case?

BigJuice14

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site

Its the new waterproof case from them. And its the first one for android. Finally and its $80!!!!

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site

Way too expensive, bulky and poor voice quality. I will stick with my Otterbox and their INCREDIBLE customer service and warranty!

nisigalaxy3

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site

Hey guys I just bought this case for my s3 tonight at futureshop in canada thing is whwn I opened it its was missing the little red flas at the bottom and the manual so I used the extra that it came with but I dont know should I return it or is the flap going to last enough? Btw it was the last one at the store lol any ideas would help thanx

erhall55

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: NEW Seidio Product Line - OBEX Waterproof Case [Pricing Update]

I have been using this case for a while skiing at Mt. Baker which can be a wet place. I find however, that the reception of the phone is significantly affected by the case. Has anyone else experienced this?

Robert Draper

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site

I'm having the same issues with my case s
ensitivity and the back arrow on my s3 do not work very well people also or tell me when I call them they can't hea r me or have a connection problem I've only used it for half a day
thinking about returning it to Best Buy

Teddy Burse

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site

Can the lifeproof headphone adapter work with the obex seeing that it's enables a waterproof barrier? If not does seidio have an adapter that can be used for headphones underwater?

seidioseidio

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

Can the lifeproof headphone adapter work with the obex seeing that it's enables a waterproof barrier? If not does seidio have an adapter that can be used for headphones underwater?

I was wondering the same thing. Any info on a waterproof adapter for headphone jack?

Unfortunately, we do not have a waterproof audio adapter for the headphone port.

Jack Rutkowsky

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site

What about a detatchable wristband so I cant drop it to the bottom of the ocean when im filming me spear a fish here in maui. Also maybe get in touch with some tech guys and make an app that lets you start and stop video or take a snapshot using one of the pushbuttons

seidioseidio

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

Check out our all new WHITE OBEX? for the Samsung Galaxy S3!

CSWSSGS3-WH-2.jpg

CSWSSGS3-WH-6.jpg

CSWSSGS3-WH-7.jpg

jomoe18

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site

would realy love a note 2 case like this. all i can find for them is bags and thats not apealing to me atall

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site

Nice looking case but I have read too many horror stories to put out that much coin. Oh well. The reviews on Amazon are more than enough to scare me off.

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site

I ended up buying one, looks nicer here, no sensitivity issues at all, but the sound quality is atrocious. CS instructs putting it in and making sure that the speakers are all lined up, check... Doesn't help at all, ringer volume is too low, I can't hear the other person through the earpiece and I can't watch any videos because the speaker is muted. And the holster is cheaply made. Too much money to waste, I thought about removing the baffles but I shouldn't have to, and it would alter the case too much. I don't need it duck's butt water tight but it would ruin the case. On the return truck now.

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site

Almost forgot the ear phone jack is so tight I can't plug in a patch cord and run it to the Aux in on a radio. It only goes so deep, sets off S Voice and doesn't have a good connection.??

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon