Any high quality music docs for the sg3

paradroid

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I have a few ipod/iphone music docks and music bars around that work nicely with the istuff and work ok jimmy rigged with a earphone to audio in cable with the an android phone, but I think I have yet to see a specifically made high quality Android/SG3 music dock. Just searched Amazon and did not see much. I know I could go with Sonos with my Spotify but Sonos can run $2k/3k for a complete home set up if you do it up right. I am wondering why the makers of these products are so ipod focused and don't do much for the Android which would double there market share.

I even wouldn't mind a very high quality music bar that did bluetooth that would let me control music from my phone remotely or at least one that I could dock my phone on until I pull the trigger on a full home Sonos setup.

paradroid

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Very strange no one is making dedicated music accessories for SG3 or other Android phones. I'll just go with a Sonos system.

paradroid

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Looks very cool. But it seems extremely expensive at $669.99! I could get a much more flexible starter set up with Sonos for around the same price, then add addition rooms over time.

I guess I'll continue to look use my current iPod friendly music bars with the SG3 earphone to audio in cable hookups when needed until I have the cash for something nicer.

Tarpit_Carnivore

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
They have two or three of them. But I agree, they're selling them under the guise of it being a high end audio system but I honestly wasn't THAT impressed when I heard them.

paradroid

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
So you have field tested one out? Does a brick and mortar carry one? It definitely looks nice. Would be good for a cottage or in the kitchen maybe.

Donoghan

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
I have a Bose SoundLink Bluetooth Wireless Speaker that suits me just fine. Not sure if that's what you are looking for but thought I'd throw that out there.

paradroid

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I actually just got one of these types of speakers/radios. I love it, sounds great, good price.
Amazon.com: Creative D200 Bluetooth Wireless Speaker: MP3 Players & Accessories

I actually paid $79 for it.

Thanks, the price of these are much more reasonable, Bose needs to charge a heavy premium for heavy advertising and product placement in the audio stores. I am thinking with bluetooth now available, docking station music bars make no sense, especially now that most mp3 players are also smartphones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze