Micro USB to HDMI Adapter for S3

rogeratm

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I just received a Micro USB (MHL) to HDMI Adapter. It does not seem to be working. Actually, my TV (which is also a Samsung and with two HDMI connectors) doesn't even seem to recognize that my S3 is connected as an HDMI device.
Has anyone had success with any HDMI Adapter? Any suggestions welcome. I would like to download videos or stream them to my TV through the phone and also show photos that I've taken.
I bought the adapter from Cellular Outfitter.com and it is called DAT-UNI-0MHL-02
My carrier is T-Mobile.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
sorry to say but Samsung changed the pin configuration for hdmi on the s3 :(
meaning you have to buy the samsung s3 MHL-HDMI cable :(
very very apple of them!

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

rogeratm

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for your response! I have ordered the Samsung HDMI Cable as you suggested and requested an RMA for the unit that doesn't work.
BTW: I've been to Paisley many times as I traveled to Dundee, Scotland after entering Scotland via the Glasgow Airport.

SirCodyAtl

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
It's not a cable it's an adapter. Samsung made their micro USB a 11 pin while standard is 5 pin. Then a reg HDMI cable connects to that.....
P/N- EPL-3FHUBE

HDTV Universal Adapter (11 Pin)
** Limited Time Offer – Get a free Galaxy S III Black Leather Pouch with any purchase of a Galaxy S III specific accessory. The pouch protects your Galaxy S III from bumps and scratches and fits easily in a purse or briefcase - a $19.99 value. **

The HDTV Universal Adapter (11pin) supports HD signals up to 1080p. Connect directly to your MHL-enabled mobile phone with an 11-pin Micro USB input to create an HDMI docking station. Then, connect a standard HDMI cable for easy connectivity to home theater or monitor. In order to function, the Adapter also needs to be connected to a power source via the Micro USB port on the adapter itself. (HDMI Cable and Micro USB Travel Charger sold separately,)

rogeratm

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
The Samsung Adapter/Cable works fine with my S3 and Samsung TV. It does charge the phone when I also plug in a charger. I suspect how much depends on which power adapter that I use. I won't be downloading any such app as you suggest because I don't really care how many Amps and it appears that it would be one that costs something.

Judy Pb

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
I bought samsung galaxy 3 adapter from vetizon samsung to connect phone to mini brookstone projector. Samsung said it should wirk with adaptor. Phone is not sending signal to my proj
ector. Why?

Mowat

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I've just bought a MTL to HDMI cable for my G3 aswell, it has the 11 pin adapter and no matter what i've tried i cant get the phone to register a connection with the TV.
Anyone have any suggestions?
I should add that i don't want to spend big dollars on a allshare dongle as a simple cord should do the same thing.

Ok, worked it out now, editing this for the people with the same issue and i think this would be a common mistake with these MTL to HDMI cords.
The cords as far as i have seen have three connections, 1 HDMI, 1 USB, and a MTL connection, my mistake was in thinking that the USB connector was for some different setup that i didn't need but actually it is to be connected to your phone chargers USB port while the HDMI goes to your TV and MTL in your phone, i didn't realize that the whole connection had to be powered and the cable packaging was not clear on this.

I hope this helps other people, i'm glad i didn't go out and spend $90-100 on samsungs allshare hub/dongle coz these cords start at $5 :)

Last edited:

JohnE16

May 1, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem as Judy, cannot get S3 connected to Brookstone mini projector. Anyone know which adapter I need to buy?

Sean McCormack

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi I have a Samsung galaxy s2 and a lead that connects to the tv and works fine. But it wont with my galaxy s3. .. im looking to get an s4 soon so if I buy this cable that works for the s3 will it also work on the galaxy s4 or will I need another lead aswell?? Many thanks for any reply

gshim

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site

manodnol

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Did you ever get your issue resolved? I bought the genuine Samsung galaxy s3 hdmi adapter and I also get no video signal coming from my phone to my brookstone mini projector.

M

Chris Thom

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I just bought micro usb HDTV ADAPTOR I DON'T GET nothing through my tv just a count down am using the s3mini can I use my mobile phone charger or as I've tried it and it says charging but the battery is just going down can you help the tv is a toshiba and new pls help as I would like to watch YouTube on my tv ..

12Mel

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
The Samsung Adapter/Cable works fine with my S3 and Samsung TV. It does charge the phone when I also plug in a charger. I suspect how much depends on which power adapter that I use. I won't be downloading any such app as you suggest because I don't really care how many Amps and it appears that it would be one that costs something.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781