When is Lifeproof coming!

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Until the case is released, try the OB Defender. There are numerous drop test videos and I have a review on my YouTube channel.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

kpromero

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I will see if i can get some pretty solid answers to this. Got to be pretty good friends over the net with someone that works pretty high up with them. I was like the second person to get when they first came out for the iPhones

xKrNMBoYx

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
eek..if he's going to wait and pay ~$80 for the LifeProof, is it a good idea to spend ~$30-40 on a OB Defender that will be replaced

gilbequick

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm not much of a Defender fan. Yes, the customer service is second to none, no doubt about it, but the Defender is imo a poor design. You put plastic around your phone then put silicone around the plastic. Then a few months down the road you take the case off and you realize that the hard plastic that sits right on your phone has scratched the device up in several places. Imo there should be some VERY thin silicone buffering in between the plastic and the phone, then made the outer silicone a hair thinner so no extra thickness is added in the case.

I will say this though, if you don't mind the scratches that you'll probably get to the case of the phone, the Defender does protect the device EXTREMELY well from bumps and drops. Personally, not my choice though. I'll probably have a BNIB Defender for sale here in the next few days.

I have a Commuter on my GS3 and I like it...now. my big complaint is that the Commuter has very little grip on the back of the case and will slip in your hands s bit. I've remedied this by putting some extremely thin (1/16" ) self stick foam grip on the back...it's designed for furniture or putting on the bottom home decor so it doesn't scratch tables or things like that. It's sold at any home improvement store for about $2.50. Now I love my commuter, I only wish it had a kickstand. Hopefully there will be an aftermarket kickstand available here in the next couple of weeks if the developer pulls through with them.

gilbequick

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Btw there's no f-ing way that I'm paying $80 for a flipping phone case. Buy one of those separate battery back-up chargers and use it for any phone or other electronic device you want when you need it and not have to be stuck having it on only one phone.

xKrNMBoYx

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Btw there's no f-ing way that I'm paying $80 for a flipping phone case. Buy one of those separate battery back-up chargers and use it for any phone or other electronic device you want when you need it and not have to be stuck having it on only one phone.

Uh why are you talking about battery backups? This is about the LifeProof case, a waterproof case. Not a battery case like Mophie or PowerSkin. I probably won't buy any case over $50. But I like the sound of waterproof. It would help for emergency cases of using your phone in the rain, or if a dumb friend throws you in a pool.

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
There's a platinum series life proof case available at best buy, sell haven't tried it out yet but it's a little cheaper than the actual life proof brand cases for the iphone

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

bob2300

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
Just googled that case and someone was complaining it ruined their iphone. I wouldnt risk it plus that thing is hideous

frekiluv

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
There's a platinum series life proof case available at best buy, sell haven't tried it out yet but it's a little cheaper than the actual life proof brand cases for the iphone

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

The product at Best Buy you described is the Obex from Seidio. For some reason it is labeled 'Platinum series', which is a load of hoopla. I guess mislabeling products is how Best Buy does things. Maybe it is so you buy it not realizing it is Seidios flagship garbage scow.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
The product at Best Buy you described is the Obex from Seidio. For some reason it is labeled 'Platinum series', which is a load of hoopla. I guess mislabeling products is how Best Buy does things. Maybe it is so you buy it not realizing it is Seidios flagship garbage scow.

No. They aren't mislabeling it. They have a partnership with Seidio or whatever. All the seidio products are under the brand name platinum series.

frekiluv

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
No. They aren't mislabeling it. They have a partnership with Seidio or whatever. All the seidio products are under the brand name platinum series.

That makes me trust Seidio even less. If they need sales so bad that they allow that then I guess I will probably never support their products again. Next thing you know they will be partnering with Walmart (the Obex is such garbage that i expect it there). This is very similar to the sudo bait and switch tactics of Best Best buy often implements. I Wonder how many fall for that 'platinum series' bullstuff.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
That makes me trust Seidio even less. If they need sales so bad that they allow that then I guess I will probably never support their products again. Next thing you know they will be partnering with Walmart (the Obex is such garbage that i expect it there). This is very similar to the sudo bait and switch tactics of Best Best buy often implements. I Wonder how many fall for that 'platinum series' bullstuff.

I guess yeah. Not sure what they mean by doing it but i gave a platinum series case and i love it. It's the thin one (surface) dropped it on tile floor not a scratch. Awesome case

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc