Micro SD card for GS3

charkzilla20

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, I've looked around, and saw that there are a ton of different types of micro SD cards available to buy. Do SDHC or SDXC cards fit in the gs3? What do the classes mean? I'd like one that has 32gb, and pretty fast read and write, as well as a micro to standard SD adapter. What do y'all suggest?

Thanks!
-Chark :)

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I cannot really speak to the difference in cards because i havent cared enough to look into them. Any MicroSD card will fit. The higher the class, the faster it is. Class 10 is best. class 6 seems like a good deal. Class 4 is what is usually shipped with the phone.

You can go up to a 64 GB card with the SGS3

xKrNMBoYx

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Yes both SDHC and SDXC card should be compatible with the Galaxy S3. But remember you're looking for "micro"SDHC/SDXC. Classes are basically a rating that show the minimum speed that card should perform (in writes I believe.) From what I understand many people have said you don't need a microSD card faster then a Class 4 or 6. Some even said that Class 10 seems to fail in the phone more often then the others. I can't tell you anything cards coming with a microSD to SD adapter. That you will have to research on your own when you find a card you are interested in.

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I am buying from Amazon the Hyperion 4200, SanDisc 64 GB card and Seidio Active Extended Combo, desk cradle & screen protectors and have not seen a Cyber Monday special on any of those items and I started at 6:00am. I saw on NBC Nightly News tonight that Amazon's Phoenix warehouse will ship over 17 million items today setting a new record so the deals must be on items other than what I'm buying. I probably should have shopped for other Christmas gifts but since I just got my S3 on Black Friday I have got to get the case so I'll feel comfortable using it.

xKrNMBoYx

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
The difference between SDHC and SDXC are subtle.
SD are microSD/SD cards with a maximum size of 2GB and smaller.
SDHC are any microSD/SD cards that are from 4GB to 32GB.
SDXC are any microSD/SD cards that have a size of 64GB to 2TB max.

Nearly any modern smartphone will be 100% compatible with SDHC. I've read many times the GS3 are can use SDXC out of the box but people have had several problems. I've seen several 64GB microSDXC cards that are formatted as exFAT when purchased. This is because exFAT is probably the best "FAT" format to transfer files due to the near limitless cap of the file sizes.

The number of class is classified from the standard of the speed on reading and writing.

Friends around me all using the Samsung micro card and im also looking on this card as well.

Samsung 32GB Class 10 Micro SDHC Card Essential Class Card: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

But i checked of this seller on their own website, they are selling a bit cheaper there.

Samsung 32GB Micro SDHC Class 10 - myAMstore.com

BHPhoto have the 32GB at cheaper prices. They are a very reputable seller also. Only deal is they are a jewish owned/based company so they process orders on Saturdays I believe.

mumbo jumbo

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site

xKrNMBoYx

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Get the cheaper as there should be no difference. Also get the one from the reliabke seller if its not directly from amazon

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12