Signal problem with certain cases?

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
So i've noticed with one of my cases it interrupts my signal and I can't connect to gps and my text messages won't come in or out. Has anyone else noticed this?

Here's a picture of the offending case:
uploadfromtaptalk1354105576889.jpg

Sent from my Red GS3

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
As I am considering an aluminum case I would be very interested to hear from anyone who has had experience using one with any brand/model phone. Especially if the metal case caused reception/transmit issues with the phone or the GPS. Thanks in advance for all replies!

Mychaela Hardy

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Yes I just got a "gold" aluminum case and when it is on I have no phone or messaging signal. It looks cool but.... that's where the coolness ends. I also cannot use square to receive payments when it is on. And I have a Samsung galaxy 3. :(

danvee

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Yep.
Metal shields and signal strength don't mix, especially when you've got NFC on the back of the phone and slap a piece of aluminum over it.
Even plated plastic can do it to a degree, as the plating is usually vacuum deposited aluminum.

darren_thomas

Banned
Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
hiii....Shanicenicolle...
signal problem generally occurs with the plastic cases and sometimes they also create the problem with wifi too....so instead of that plastic cases you should prefer to go for
some metal or Shellster case or Diamond Lattice Snap On Shell Case on fommy
Fommy has a huge collection of samsung accessories with variety of multiple brands..so you can just check it out ...may u will get the best one u r looking for....

Thanks