Otterbox Defender for Galaxy S3 owners

J Teezy

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I have a OB Commuter and just recieved a UAG case today. Trying to decide what case I like the most. Thinking I want to try an OB Defender but have a few questions.

1. How secure does the clip hold the phone in the holster. Have you experienced any accidental discharges from the holster by saying bumping something or it just falling out on its own? Also how easy is it to put the phone in the holster and remove it from the holster?

2. Do any of you have a screen protector on the phone also? I like to use Zagg Shields on my phone screens so was wondering if having a Zagg Shield + the built in screen protector of the Defender Series would cause any problems with the touch screen.

3. I have read some people say that since the OB Defenders inner case is the hard plastic that it tends to scratch the S3's cover up. Have you found this true as when you have removed the phone from the case for whatever reason did you notice any scratches on the S3's casing?

4. With my OB Commuter and UAG cases the phone fits very easily in my front pocket of say jeans or any other pants, do you find putting the S3 with the Defender case on it in your pocket to be bulky? I wouldn't always carry it in the holster so I'm wondering how comfortable it is in the pocket.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I have a OB Commuter and just recieved a UAG case today. Trying to decide what case I like the most. Thinking I want to try an OB Defender but have a few questions.

1. How secure does the clip hold the phone in the holster. Have you experienced any accidental discharges from the holster by saying bumping something or it just falling out on its own? Also how easy is it to put the phone in the holster and remove it from the holster?

2. Do any of you have a screen protector on the phone also? I like to use Zagg Shields on my phone screens so was wondering if having a Zagg Shield + the built in screen protector of the Defender Series would cause any problems with the touch screen.

3. I have read some people say that since the OB Defenders inner case is the hard plastic that it tends to scratch the S3's cover up. Have you found this true as when you have removed the phone from the case for whatever reason did you notice any scratches on the S3's casing?

4. With my OB Commuter and UAG cases the phone fits very easily in my front pocket of say jeans or any other pants, do you find putting the S3 with the Defender case on it in your pocket to be bulky? I wouldn't always carry it in the holster so I'm wondering how comfortable it is in the pocket.

1. NO. Easy.

2. Use the original one that comes with it.

3. None.

4. Put it in my back pocket. No issues.

There are a number of drop test videos on YouTube that will convince you that the Defender provides more protection. Check out my review on my YouTube channel, TheJCP006.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I don't own the case but I have plenty of customers come back because some Nimrod sold them a defender AND Zagg. You lose sensitivity with both on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I swear by Otterbox. When I was a Blackberry user, I had the Defender for my Pearl, my Bold and then the commuter for my Torch. There were issues with the Bolds holster, and Otterbox didn't even FLINCH at sending me a new holster. Their customer service is impeccable. I just recently grabbed a Galaxy SIII and the first thing I did was grab the Otterbox Defender case for it. VERY pleased in every way. The case itself is amazing, no needs for additional screen protectors, the one built onto the defender is great and doesn't skip a beat. And the holster is tough, and rugged, I have no worries of my phone falling out of it, even if bumped, sat on, or even dropped.
I don't care what anyone says I have tried other manufactures, and I will always go back to Otterbox.

PDADoctor

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm having no problems with the Defender case, it's great! I like it myself because I prefer to carry my device in a belt holster, and this one comes with it. I can't use my Galaxy S III dock, but that's okay, I switch between the flip case and this one.

One minor complaint: with the Defender case, I can't use the double-tap feature to return to the top of the screen in most programs. Other than that, it's all good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sean McCullen

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I currently have ob defender and am changing for a few reasons, I work outside and the holster whilst rugged fills with water when it rains and then it creeps up the cover into the speaker etc stuffing it up. The hard plastic cover does scratch the corners of the phone. The rubber psrt loosens and get annoying when trying to put it in the holster. The holster itself gets caught on things and flicks open to stand mode and then can easily and does fall off your belt. I don't recommend it for the price. The extra bulk is substantial.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance