Battery wall chargers

vietalogy

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I've search ebay and amazon all of them are under 650mah output charge. Was wondering why are they so low and if you were to charge the battery in the phone is a lot stronger? Need one so I can charge and swap out extended batteries.

Yell0w

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I've search ebay and amazon all of them are under 650mah output charge. Was wondering why are they so low and if you were to charge the battery in the phone is a lot stronger? Need one so I can charge and swap out extended batteries.

are you trying to say that you need a wall charger with a stronger output? I use this to charge my phone, it's 1.8A

vietalogy

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
are you trying to say that you need a wall charger with a stronger output? I use this to charge my phone, it's 1.8A

Charger for the battery only. I want to have spare batteries ready to swap. I've been using hyperion 4200mah and plan to buy another if I can find a battery charger only with at least 1amp output charge.

Sent via Tapatalk

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
The 650 mA chargers will charge your extended battery, they'll just take longer. That may be OK if you're charging it overnight, say, to carry the next day.

The phone will apparently draw up to 800mA when charging, so it would charge a little faster in the phone, but not a lot. The 650 mA charger would charge a totally discharged battery in about 6 1/2 hours. Charging in the phone would take about 5 1/2. Remember, those estimates are for a totally dead battery. If you start recharging with about 25% of capacity left, the times will be shorter.

vietalogy

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
The 650 mA chargers will charge your extended battery, they'll just take longer. That may be OK if you're charging it overnight, say, to carry the next day.

The phone will apparently draw up to 800mA when charging, so it would charge a little faster in the phone, but not a lot. The 650 mA charger would charge a totally discharged battery in about 6 1/2 hours. Charging in the phone would take about 5 1/2. Remember, those estimates are for a totally dead battery. If you start recharging with about 25% of capacity left, the times will be shorter.

So the phone will charge at 800mah max even tho my charger is 1.7amp?

Sent via Tapatalk

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
According to one member here, who said he's measured it, that's correct. I personally don't have a way to measure and verify that.

The GS3 isn't unique, btw. From what I've seen, no phone charges at more than 1 amp, max, regardless of what your charger is capable of. Limiting current flow protects the battery and charging circuit from over heating and over charging.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma