Fake OEMs, even from manufacturer???

sandyw239

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
My 3 month old battery from a 3 month old phone (galaxy s3) crapped out so I went on amazon to look for a replacement. Seems like from all the reviews it's not OEM, or definitely not up to OEM par, even though the product description says it's by Samsung (but actually fulfilled in order description by 3rd parties) and NFC capable (though defective for many in user reviews, and doesn't work for me either).

So my question is, having gone to Samsung directly to purchase a battery that's 4x more expensive at $40+S/H, I'm wondering if it'll be OEM as well, like genuine OEM, not just sold by Samsung fulfilled by 3rd party or some other junk "OEM."

I would hope that what samsung.com sells on their website is OEM....anybody know anything about this?

friedtators

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to the greedy world. Manufacturing in countries with few laws and distributors ready to make a profit are to blame. But I would expect ordering from Samsung would result in a good part. Motorola expects to build motox in the USA. But the batteries and chargers will come from abroad at the minimum

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995