Why all the touchwiz hate?

voghan

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
I've been using my phone for s while now and love touch wiz. l live the fact you have the ability to turn wifi and gps is the notification pull down. I like the horizontal scroll through apps. I'm glad I can change the apps in the launcher bar.

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I've been using my phone for s while now and love touch wiz. l live the fact you have the ability to turn wifi and gps is the notification pull down. I like the horizontal scroll through apps. I'm glad I can change the apps in the launcher bar.

Most of the hate might be because of slowdowns in the Vibrant and Captivate and because some people may be skeptical of Touchwiz after the Behold II disaster. I myself know that Touchwiz 3.0 (or 2.5 in the case of the Epic) is much better, but I think I will still root and try other ROMs.

voghan

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
There are some tweaks out there to fix the lag. I'm running the stock rom rooted with the lag fix found on the xda forums. That has fixed any lag issues you will have. A factory reset once you buy the phone is a good idea too.

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
There are some tweaks out there to fix the lag. I'm running the stock rom rooted with the lag fix found on the xda forums. That has fixed any lag issues you will have. A factory reset once you buy the phone is a good idea too.

And this is one of the reasons why Touchwiz 3.9 CAN be a very good customization for Android. All it takes is a few tweaks to make it cleaner and more polished.

lorsban

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
I don't think TW is that bad. It's alright. Compare it to TW on a Windows device and you'll see how much better the android version is.

RanaGill

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
The power controls are pretty sweet,, the only thing I dont like is when i setup my gmail account it also setup gmail on the actual gmail app as well, now every time i get an email it shows up on two apps, touchwise mail client and Gmail app.

Addie_Goodvibes

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I like the horizontal App browsing a lot like the Palm Pre. And it is responsive and smooth decent looking UI

The only problem I have with TW is that the default launcher apps, (contacts, Messaging) in the dock can't be changed..

Specifically I use handcent over the default messaging App, I prefer to be able to change those shortcuts. I also like to customize icons and themes.

I had no other problems with TW .

But the locked in launcher/Dock apps are why i choose LauncherPro over TW.

I highly recommend Launcher Pro over TW if you like to customize the dock apps, and like to tweak your icons.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1