Samsung Open Source Release Center

Wow Samsung is going all the way.
    07-05-2010 12:27 PM
    Awesome. I am feeling pretty good about Samsung's support for this phone. Although I guess MIcrosoft spent a quarter of a billion dollars promoting Kin and then killed it off in a matter of weeks, so who knows?

Can someone please explain one thing to me though?

Bada. Why?
    07-05-2010 01:24 PM
    This makes the Galaxy S much more appealing, especially for us Verizon guys.
    07-05-2010 01:48 PM
    And the source code after looking through it has all the code needed to cook up a custom ROM or merge it with Froyo source
    07-10-2010 09:17 PM
    gothdriod, can you give us a rundown of what all is included? Is it pretty much every bit?
    07-10-2010 11:20 PM
    Awesome. I am feeling pretty good about Samsung's support for this phone. Although I guess MIcrosoft spent a quarter of a billion dollars promoting Kin and then killed it off in a matter of weeks, so who knows?

Can someone please explain one thing to me though?

Bada. Why?
    Bada is really a souped up feature phone OS with smartphone like features.

It will generally be cheaper, less powerful (software side) than a fully blown smartphone OS (Android, iOS, Palm, Windows 7 mobile, etc).

What Samsung wants to do is take their considerable market share in feature phone market (something like 22% of the entire world's feature phone market) and slowly convert them over to the Bada OS platform.

From a developers' standpoint, that 22% (220 million phones) is a mighty fine potential customer base for this platform ( 20 times larger than the iPhones market share in the smartphone market).

The Bada OS was in development for 6 years and is based off of Linux kernel (a platform that is very familiar to developers, plus with C/C++ developing language almost everyone is familiar with). It will be relatively easy to port over all the software from other platforms to the Bada OS.
    07-11-2010 01:33 AM
    As everyday passes, the more I fall in love with this phone. This phone hasn't been getting a lot of love from others but this thing is going to be one heck of a device. Its ok though, just means I won't have to wait in a long line or back order to get one.
    07-11-2010 11:19 AM
    gothdriod, can you give us a rundown of what all is included? Is it pretty much every bit?
    just from the quick look I gave it yesterday looks like it has the drivers for the modem, sound, vibrate, baseband. There maybe more that I am missing but I just took a quick look before I went to work. As soon as CM6 source is released I'm gunna try and work on getting it to run on the Vibrant
    07-11-2010 03:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD