07-05-2010 06:22 PM
    I saw another video comparing the multitouch to that on a Desire. The galaxy S was so incredibly smooth that it was almost painful to watch the desire. The video you just posted once again absolutely astonishes me. This phone's specs keep looking more and more impressive.
    07-05-2010 06:45 PM

Here is that video. The Galaxy S just destroys the Desire. First the Quake demo, now with multitouch.

Sprint better advertise the hell out of the Epic when it comes out, because it deserves to do as well as the DROID did last year.

As far as I can tell, there are no show stoppers at all. If GSM-Arenas claim of 3 day battery life with moderate use is accurate, this phone will be perfect.
    jhnstn00 likes this.
    07-05-2010 07:49 PM
    As far as I can tell, there are no show stoppers at all. If GSM-Arenas claim of 3 day battery life with moderate use is accurate, this phone will be perfect.
    I have had my Galaxy S for just over a week now. With it being my first Android phone I can't say how good it is compared to anything else. What I can say is after installing one of these taskpanel programs my battery time is what I consider to be very good.

It is currently sat on 21% and has been unplugged for 2 days 9 hours. I have been browsing on it with wifi (which i usually leave on) and only use 2g untill I'm out and about and want to download something or look at a page. I always make sure to kill the background stuff when I'm done, which these snazzy little apps make easy.

All in all I absolutely LOVE the phone, but as I say it is from someone with little experience of other Android devices.
    07-06-2010 02:42 PM
    Thanks for the link.. Yes the Samsung in these demo videos looks much more superior to the HTC.. One thing the EVO bothered me about was the "jumpy" finger tracking in photo gallery, browser, menu scrolling etc.. I had convinced myself this was an Android thing, but seeing this video makes me think it's just poor finger tracking on HTC devices..
    07-06-2010 11:38 PM
    If GSM-Arenas claim of 3 day battery life with moderate use is accurate, this phone will be perfect.
    I have had my Galaxy S for just over a week now. With it being my first Android phone I can't say how good it is compared to anything else. What I can say is after installing one of these taskpanel programs my battery time is what I consider to be very good.

It is currently sat on 21% and has been unplugged for 2 days 9 hours. I have been browsing on it with wifi (which i usually leave on) and only use 2g untill I'm out and about and want to download something or look at a page. I always make sure to kill the background stuff when I'm done, which these snazzy little apps make easy.

All in all I absolutely LOVE the phone, but as I say it is from someone with little experience of other Android devices.
    GSM 3 day battery life = 1 day CDMA battery life, because of the radio technology.
    But one day is plenty long enough
    07-06-2010 11:46 PM
    It's not that big of a difference, but ya, I fully expect the CDMA phones to take a hit.

As long as it will run for a day, I'm happy.
    07-07-2010 12:50 AM
    GSM 3 day battery life = 1 day CDMA battery life, because of the radio technology.
    But one day is plenty long enough
    Why would you say that?? I have had friends having blackberry on AT&T and Verizon both and they went about the same length of time before dying. I dont know, but it may be so that CDMA radio draws more power than GSM, but I dont think it would draw 3 times as much even if it does. Any input from experienced users??
    07-07-2010 12:58 AM
    Thanks for the link.. Yes the Samsung in these demo videos looks much more superior to the HTC.. One thing the EVO bothered me about was the "jumpy" finger tracking in photo gallery, browser, menu scrolling etc.. I had convinced myself this was an Android thing, but seeing this video makes me think it's just poor finger tracking on HTC devices..
    This scrolling issue had me concerned too, and I returned my EVO, bought an IPhone 4 (returned that for "cheek hangups" with the bad proximity sensors... and now wondering about the Captivate...
    07-12-2010 07:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD