Samsung Galaxy S vs HTC Desire

irishmac53

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
im ready to ditch my BB curve 8330 and pickup a droid. the desire is scheduled to release in Aug, and galaxy in oct at US Cellular. what are the pros and cons for both?

i've heard the Evo's battery sucks so can i assume the Desire's does too? from the videos it looks like the galaxy doesn't have a flash? and is that a 2nd camera on the front?

any info will be much appreciated. TIA

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Camera flash or adobe flash? It does not have Adobe flash. As far as I know only the Fascinate (Verizon's version) has camera flash. Haven't heard any bad things about the Desire's battery but at the same time, I haven't heard much about the Desire period.

CloudStrife7

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I currently have a Touch Pro 2 with US Cell and I am getting the Galaxy S. I did a ton of research and these links should help you with your decision:

Desire vs. Samsung Galaxy S Specs compairison - Just what you need - in-depth compairisons of both phones.

Screen Test under Sun and Shadow for TFT, AMOLED, superAMOLED technologies
http://www.careace.net/2010/06/21/s...hadow-for-tft-amoled-superamoled-technologies - Demonstrates how the AMOLED is the best under direct/indirect sun light.

HTC Desire & Galaxy S Multi-touch Demonstration Video - Shows HTC Desire has major issues with multi touch tracking where Galaxy S has no problem.

Samsung Galaxy S line is a Gamer's Dream
This is due to the device's 1GHz Hummingbird processor, which contains the newest PowerVR SGX540 GPU, compared to the Motorola DROID, DROID X, and DROID 2 that use the older SGX530 GPU. What does this mean for gamers? Simply put, the Samsung Galaxy S line offer the most frames-per-second out there...

Phone Areana Galaxy Review

Last edited:

CloudStrife7

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
im ready to ditch my BB curve 8330 and pickup a droid. the desire is scheduled to release in Aug, and galaxy in oct at US Cellular. what are the pros and cons for both?

Where did you get your information that the Galaxy is coming in October? Can you link me?

Last edited:

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Camera flash or adobe flash? It does not have Adobe flash. As far as I know only the Fascinate (Verizon's version) has camera flash. Haven't heard any bad things about the Desire's battery but at the same time, I haven't heard much about the Desire period.

Epic 4G has camera flash as well.