Task Manager/Killer Discussion

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Without a doubt, this is one of the most discussed topics in the Android Central forums. Understandably, having come from various other Smartphone platforms (Blackberry, Windows Mobile, etc.), where task management is crucial for optimal performance and battery life, most new Android Smartphone owners have 2 basic questions:

1.) Should I use a task manager?
2.) Which application does the best job at task management?

After digging and digging for answers to these questions, users sometimes end up frustrated and confused by conflicting information from a wide variety of sources. This usually results in a new thread on task management.

To help answer these questions (and avoid all those duplicate threads), Android Central's contributing writer and technical guru, Jerry Hildenbrand, has written this article. Please take a few minutes to read and educate yourself.

If you do choose to use a task manager, and your Galaxy S starts acting wonky, please uninstall the task manager to see if the problem goes away.

If you still have questions, or if you'd like to chime in with your own opinion and/or experiences with task managers, please post in this thread.

Cory

Last edited:

movieaddict

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Well i use Automatic task killer and it saves me battery power on my samsung vibrant and it works properly as it says and very easy to use. plus it doesnt make my phone act laggy or weird. +1 for taskillers

Jo_795

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
2.1 with Task Manager is fine..

2.1 can still work with Task Killers.. once 2.2 comes out on your phone your better off installing which is why your Vibrate has no problems..

CR6

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Task Killer/Managers cause nothing but problems on the Fascinate. If you own a fascinate please do not bother installing one of these on your phone. If the Verizon rep wants to install it or already did install it when you purchased it, uninstall it immediately! Fascinate owners have reported numerous problems because of this app and it causes more problems than it's worth. You can take a look at a few of the issues over at the FascinateForums.com.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995