this may be very simple, however, I do not know the answer to it:

Might someone tell me how to simply put the Samsung Vibrant into Vibrate mode, but not silent.

I can find silent mode, but I tested it out with my sister and that will not vibrate

Not quite as simple as the Blackberry profiles, but can you help??

Thanks
    Eric
    08-17-2010 10:09 PM
    have you tried going 1 lower on the volume from silent? That is usually vibrate on most android phones.
    08-17-2010 11:03 PM
    Under settings, sound and display, there is a check box for phone vibrate. There are also settings for other vibration options in that area. Hope this helps.
    08-18-2010 07:32 AM
    Hey thanks Andrew..u too Voghan.

Andrew, if you have never been there the setting doesnt exist LOL U have to take the volume REAL low, hold it in, then it goes to vibrate. Then when u go up, it passes SILENT, then goes into volume ranges, then when u come back down, it passes VIBRATE before it goes into Silent

Weird, but cool.
    I am assuming this is what u mean

Thanks again Andrew

Eric

plz PM me lemme know if this is what u meant
    08-24-2010 11:39 PM
    Also, can't you tap the power button for a list? Or is that just a feature in Sense UI?
    08-25-2010 03:35 AM
    that only gives options to shut off phone

But, trust me, once u find the vibrate setting by taking power all the way down then up, it will appear, and it is in a FINE spot, almost as good as having a separate setting area for it Unique tho
    08-25-2010 05:13 AM
    Go into the dialer app and press the # key for a moment. There's a pic of the vibrate profile icon on the key.

I accidentally found this the other day.
    08-30-2010 12:18 PM
    if u check the notification bar on the top of the phone, there is a option to put your phone to vibrate, along with the wifi, gps snd bluetooth options
    08-31-2010 12:15 PM
    if u check the notification bar on the top of the phone, there is a option to put your phone to vibrate, along with the wifi, gps snd bluetooth options
    Silent != Vibrate
    08-31-2010 03:56 PM
    Silent != Vibrate
    check
    09-01-2010 07:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD