galaxy S won't connect to kies

ismapek

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
I have tried everything I could but galaxy S won't connect to Kies.

I have installed & unistalled the software sevral time for a couple of weeks without any luck.

Kies recognise the connection once phone is plugged, however it on the kies screen top right hand side, it says device connecting - please wait. and that's it for ever. it remains so and won't connect. I leave it for hours sometimes hoping it would but never connect.

I have deleted any all application on my laptop that may be conflicting with samsung kies and still have the problem

the USB driver had been installed successfully without any problem.

Could someone please help. thanks

drsagariyer

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
found a way out...

i had the same problem but just stumbled upon a way to fix it... do not start kies first, connect your phone to the computer and let it recognize the phone (it'll show up in "My Computer"). then start kies... I tried this 10 times and always successful...

Raffs824

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I talked to samsung and they told me that Kies does NOT work! It hasn't been released yet! doesn't know when and doesn't know when 2.2 wil be released either!

rubblemasta

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
It took me a while to get to the stage you're at with Kies. It's crap software but there are always things to try.

If Kies keeps saying "Connecting...", I hit the eject icon, unplug the phone and try again. When I do this it connects without even displaying any information in Kies - the phone says Connected though and Kies can interact with my phone like "normal".

Not sure what Raffs is on about...