Galaxy won't display SMS texts sent from iPhone

RushfirthLeeds

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
We have bought a Galaxy Europa for our daughter. We (Dad and Mum)- both stalwart iPhone users - are unable to text her as incoming sms will not show up on the thread - seemingly not even getting through to the device.

Does anyone know, is this specific to: a bad sim, a bad handset, the model of the handset, or the android OS??? Any ideas pretty quick would be just lovely as we will need to act quick if we need to return it!

Cheers in advance.

chestvrg

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
First what carrier do you have? I have AT&T and an iPhone as well. It could be a bad SIM b/c you referred to as that messages were not going through... Where exactly from? The iPhone or the Galaxy S?

Have you tried going to your local carrier to pick up a new SIM? do that, try it again and see if you can send and receive using the Samsung Galaxy S. Another thing you can do is put the SIM from either one of your iPhones (provided you both have the 3GS) on the Galaxy S and see if that SIM card is able to send and receive txt msg using the iPhones.

Please post to know what happened.

Cheater Vargas - Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RushfirthLeeds

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the prompt reply Chester-

My wife has just returned from the store, the guys there have swapped sims, swapped handsets and still the Android will not play ball with iPhone incoming SMS.

Naughty Android! Bad Android!

RushfirthLeeds

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy Europa

We have now tried sending SMS from various iPhone handsets, 2 3Gs and 1 iPhone 4, under different networks (O2 and Vodaphone) and none of them show up as sms on the Galaxy.:(

tripplec

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Call Samsung support. They have tech line and sure to address the problem. It may be a network issue. For these types of issues your first point of contact is the Carriers support line and the OEM's tech support. The order is not important.

You're just waisting time on the forum since it works in other area's and carriers.