I've had this problem for the past few weeks and am not sure how to fix it.

Basically, when I plug in either headphones or an aux cable to my phone (for car playback) the audio will still come out of my phone when using the Galaxy S's built in music player.

The only way I can alleviate this is by fiddling with the cable, rotating it in a very specific way, and hoping that it works when I hit play. If for some reason the cable is in the wrong spot or accidentally shifts to the wrong spot, whatever I'm listening to completely stops, and the audio will once again come out of my phone when I hit play again.

It's incredibly annoying. Is there anything I can do?
    03-31-2011 07:42 PM
    It could just be that the connections on the car cable and the headphones are not compatible with the SGS. there are two wiring systems for jack plugs, one used by SGS and Nokia phones and one used by other manufacturers such as apple, sony etc.

The easy way to test is to use the head-buds provided with the phone, if these work as expected, then get a new connection lead for your car which is suitable for Samsung and Nokia.
    04-13-2011 09:29 AM
    I've had this problem for the past few weeks and am not sure how to fix it.

Basically, when I plug in either headphones or an aux cable to my phone (for car playback) the audio will still come out of my phone when using the Galaxy S's built in music player.

The only way I can alleviate this is by fiddling with the cable, rotating it in a very specific way, and hoping that it works when I hit play. If for some reason the cable is in the wrong spot or accidentally shifts to the wrong spot, whatever I'm listening to completely stops, and the audio will once again come out of my phone when I hit play again.

It's incredibly annoying. Is there anything I can do?
    Hi,

I have the same problem with the car cable, (Samsung Galaxy S i9000) though the headphones work fine. It's almost as if there is a problem with the connection when in fact it should be a standard jack.

If its not then Samsung should announce that and provide a special cable that will work with the phone.

It IS annoying so now I have to try a bunch of cables till I find one that works with my phone.
    05-05-2011 04:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD