samsung galaxy s

ray123#AC

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm glad this phone is coming out soon. I am a windows mobile user who was trying to figure out what to do since WM6.5 will be outdated. After looking at what happened at MWC and CTIA I'm convinced that Android is the next operating system for me. This samsung galaxy phone is awsome. I just hope the AT&T doesn't lock it down like they did the backflip. Hopefully there will be an unlocked version of the phone that will run on the 850 UMTS band.

aquaj13

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
i would stay away from AT&T. They are probably going to lock everything down except the Nexus, that is googles baby.

MRGQ

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
it coming to ATT indeed (not officially announced yet but Att did pick them up)

I saw the hands on and i must say that its a looker! if i dint have my N1 i would get this

addictedtoblackberry

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
is it true that samsung provides bad software support after the phone is released because the software team is dissolved to a small group of people? it may just be a dirty rumor, but i have no idea since i have no experience with samsung phones.

quetzalcoatl

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
is it true that samsung provides bad software support after the phone is released because the software team is dissolved to a small group of people? it may just be a dirty rumor, but i have no idea since i have no experience with samsung phones.

I cannot speak for phones but I bought a Samsung Blu-ray player very early in Blu-rays cycle and support would have had to improve to just get to bad. Firmware updates were 2-3 months or more behind the other brands. Buying any movie on release day was a crap shoot.
And because of that I would not buy the phone. It has some great specs and a very nice look. But I just have such a fear of buying something on that needs updating from Samsung now.

CSI Guy

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
I bet that AT&T wants to get the iPhone out first and then the Galaxy S. I wish that it was the other way around.

tec986

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
I just read that the galaxy s will be coming to ATT, Sprint, and TMobile in the summer but to Verizon Wireless near the end of year. Why does it seem like devices are a lot slower to come to Verizon?

projectnerv01

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
i'm getting annoyed with at&t and it's not because of the service i live in Southern California never had a problem over here but what is ticking me off is all the crappy phones at the moment..bunch of blackberrys which are lame, windows moblie phones which lag and the iphone which i don't really care for. Finally they have an andriod phone come out (backflip) which is butchered to hell by yahoo and moto. I hope at&T doesn't butcher the GALAXY S or X10 this summer :/ i'm getting tired of waiting is the galaxy S that much more better then the N1? i know the screen is tad bigger and colors are awesome but performance itself is it really going to be that much better then the N1? I don't know...

opinions welcomed

Last edited:

Litt

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Seems like this is a great phone. I'm really interested in the EVO, but this has a lot of what I want (big screen, front facing camera, tethering) and plus Swype. I'm not hearing anything on the tech blogs about it. Heck, Android Central doesn't even have a Forum dedicated to it. Weird.