06-21-2010 10:01 PM
33 12
tools
    who is this going to be for? what carrier?
    03-25-2010 07:45 PM
    that wasn't announced. But it looks like GSM bands, so I would watch out for T-mobile and AT&T.
    03-28-2010 02:38 AM
    I'm glad this phone is coming out soon. I am a windows mobile user who was trying to figure out what to do since WM6.5 will be outdated. After looking at what happened at MWC and CTIA I'm convinced that Android is the next operating system for me. This samsung galaxy phone is awsome. I just hope the AT&T doesn't lock it down like they did the backflip. Hopefully there will be an unlocked version of the phone that will run on the 850 UMTS band.
    03-28-2010 03:34 PM
    i would stay away from AT&T. They are probably going to lock everything down except the Nexus, that is googles baby.
    03-30-2010 02:45 PM
    it coming to ATT indeed (not officially announced yet but Att did pick them up)

I saw the hands on and i must say that its a looker! if i dint have my N1 i would get this
    04-14-2010 02:42 PM
    Seems like a hot phone!
    04-15-2010 12:47 AM
    im patiently waiting for this phone to drop onto tmo
    04-17-2010 11:45 PM
    is it true that samsung provides bad software support after the phone is released because the software team is dissolved to a small group of people? it may just be a dirty rumor, but i have no idea since i have no experience with samsung phones.
    04-17-2010 11:51 PM
    is it true that samsung provides bad software support after the phone is released because the software team is dissolved to a small group of people? it may just be a dirty rumor, but i have no idea since i have no experience with samsung phones.
    I cannot speak for phones but I bought a Samsung Blu-ray player very early in Blu-rays cycle and support would have had to improve to just get to bad. Firmware updates were 2-3 months or more behind the other brands. Buying any movie on release day was a crap shoot.
    And because of that I would not buy the phone. It has some great specs and a very nice look. But I just have such a fear of buying something on that needs updating from Samsung now.
    04-18-2010 06:26 PM
    Any more word when it may drop on AT&T?
    04-19-2010 03:17 PM
    Any more word when it may drop on AT&T?
    This says end of June maybe.

Will the Samsung Galaxy S Arrive at All Major US Carriers by End of Year? | Android Phone Fans
    04-19-2010 06:10 PM
    I bet that AT&T wants to get the iPhone out first and then the Galaxy S. I wish that it was the other way around.
    04-19-2010 06:17 PM
    I just read that the galaxy s will be coming to ATT, Sprint, and TMobile in the summer but to Verizon Wireless near the end of year. Why does it seem like devices are a lot slower to come to Verizon?
    04-25-2010 03:54 AM
    I just hope the AT&T doesn't lock it down like they did the backflip.
    Don't worry, Samsung is doing it for them

http://www.androidcentral.com/samsung-and-yahoo-eam
    04-26-2010 01:51 PM
    i'm getting annoyed with at&t and it's not because of the service i live in Southern California never had a problem over here but what is ticking me off is all the crappy phones at the moment..bunch of blackberrys which are lame, windows moblie phones which lag and the iphone which i don't really care for. Finally they have an andriod phone come out (backflip) which is butchered to hell by yahoo and moto. I hope at&T doesn't butcher the GALAXY S or X10 this summer :/ i'm getting tired of waiting is the galaxy S that much more better then the N1? i know the screen is tad bigger and colors are awesome but performance itself is it really going to be that much better then the N1? I don't know...

opinions welcomed
    04-27-2010 07:35 PM
    Seems like this is a great phone. I'm really interested in the EVO, but this has a lot of what I want (big screen, front facing camera, tethering) and plus Swype. I'm not hearing anything on the tech blogs about it. Heck, Android Central doesn't even have a Forum dedicated to it. Weird.
    05-04-2010 12:54 AM
    it coming to ATT indeed (not officially announced yet but Att did pick them up)

I saw the hands on and i must say that its a looker! if i dint have my N1 i would get this
    When's AT&T supposed to be getting this?
    05-06-2010 07:21 PM
    This is the phone that I've been waiting for, but as usual, it's sad to see what happens to phones.
    05-23-2010 05:07 PM
    When's AT&T supposed to be getting this?
    Good Question, but it looks like this phone is coming to t-mobile first and all the other carriers later on will offer the Galaxy S.
    05-24-2010 02:24 AM
    I didn't see that this has been posted before so here is link to Samsung Teaser for the Galaxy S.

Galaxy S - Coming this Summer

JW
    06-08-2010 07:14 PM
    Hey Guys,

Just saw this from Engadget.
    Samsung teases next Android announce, Galaxy S bound for T-Mobile next month? -- Engadget

I remember following up on this phone for a while. Looks promising. Seems like it has something similar to google goggles and you can use it as a remote control to Samsung hdtv's. Also, you can stream your movies from your phone to the Samsung hdtv's wirelessly. Pretty crazy. I wonder how this will stack up against the Evo and Incredible.
    06-08-2010 09:39 PM
    Looks like the Galaxy S has two websites. The one that everyone is talking about, and then this one.

It is interesting that the site that is not getting all the publicity is much more interactive and informative.
    06-09-2010 01:26 PM
    As many video's & pages I've been to, I'm saying it this S is gonna kick butt! I'm hooked, I only hope the sound is OK & I'm not worried about not having a flash.
    One more thing this S is the 1st GEN, what is Samsung going to make next that will be better than the S? My B-day is in August & I'm going to buy myself a nice present!!!
    This will be my 1st Android & I have had many others, so I'm kind of excited.
    06-10-2010 06:55 AM
    @whitenack & Jeravicious, thx that's a 'few'more added to the list! Thx.
    06-10-2010 07:01 AM
    Does anyone know if the Galaxy S supports HSPA+ ? Both T-Mobile and AT&T are suppose to have HSPA+ up to a majority of US locations by the end of this year. I would assume that they are going to have some HSPA+ phones available otherwise whats the point. It appears that the iphone 4 is not, will the Galaxy S be the one?

JW
    06-10-2010 12:10 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD