I dropped my Samsung Grand Prime in the shower!

lordokagi

Oct 4, 2016
Visit site
I wasn't concerned initially because it's happened before and it was totally fine. But this time, when I tried to turn it on it would just go to the first screen that says Samsung Galaxy Prime for like 10 seconds then turn off, then turn on. I know you're not supposed to turn it on after it has water damage, but I accidentally did that like 4 times. It's been sitting in rice for about 8 hours. Will it be okay?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I wasn't concerned initially because it's happened before and it was totally fine. But this time, when I tried to turn it on it would just go to the first screen that says Samsung Galaxy Prime for like 10 seconds then turn off, then turn on. I know you're not supposed to turn it on after it has water damage, but I accidentally did that like 4 times. It's been sitting in rice for about 8 hours. Will it be okay?
The only way to find out if it's OK is if you turn it on after sitting for a while and has had time to dry. If it turns on then you are in luck; however, future problems could still arise. If continuing problems persists contact a repair center and/or Samsung.

lordokagi

Oct 4, 2016
Visit site
Okay, so it worked again for a while. Then someone moved it to a different table, like they just picked it up and put it down. And, for some reason it stopped working. When I asked them they were just like they just moved it. It went back to doing the same thing. I put it in rice again. Help, am I screwed? How do I know if it's just battery damage or it's phone damage?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay