Help with new s10+ case

GalaxyLooney

Jan 29, 2019
Visit site
I managed to damage my screen protector today, so have installed my ultimate shield. I have a spigen tough armor case and now have a problem I had when I got my s7 edge. Back then I bought a rugged amour (similar to tough armor) and a thin fit case. I found that the rugged armor interfered with the corners of the screen protector and made it lift. The same is now happening with my s10+ and the tough armor.

When I bought my s10+ I was toying with a thin fit case but read a few bad reviews saying the quality had dropped and it didn't fit the phone well. I was also keen on the flip out stand on the tough armor. Annoyingly I found with the tough armor that despite reviews of saying it would, it will not allow me to charge my galaxy watch using the phone. It works with my galaxy buds for some reason but not with the watch.

So can anyone help me find a case that:
Won't interfere with my screen protector.
Has raised top and bottom so the screen doesn't touch the surface if phone placed face down.
Will let me charge my Galaxy watch (and possibly have something on it to show where to place items for optimum charging)
Has a stand.

Last edited:

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I managed to damage my screen protector today, so have installed my ultimate shield. I have a spigen tough armor case and now have a problem I had when I got my s7 edge. Back then I bought a rugged amour (similar to tough armor) and a thin fit case. I found that the rugged armor interfered with the corners of the screen protector and made it lift. The same is now happening with my s10+ and the tough armor.

When I bought my s10+ I was toying with a thin fit case but read a few bad reviews saying the quality had dropped and it didn't fit the phone well. I was also keen on the flip out stand on the tough armor. Annoyingly I found with the tough armor that despite reviews of saying it would, it will not allow me to charge my galaxy watch using the phone. It works with my galaxy buds for some reason but not with the watch.

Has raised top and bottom so the screen doesn't touch the surface if phone placed face down.
Will let me charge my Galaxy watch (and possibly have something on it to show where to place items for optimum charging)
Has a stand.

You need a stand?i would vote for UAG Monarch,Lifeproof NEXT...

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Has a stand.

Hi, the s10 has a sub Forum for cases
https://forums.androidcentral.com/s...ies/943423-best-cases-samsung-galaxy-s10.html

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You have it backwards - you need a screen protector that won't interfere with the case. Those screen protectors don't quite come up to the edge of the screen - that's how they're not lifted by the case.

(The holster forms a stand - horizontally or vertically [or any angle between, but they wouldn't work too well].)

Or you could get an Otterbox case with built-in screen protector and not worry about it. (My Note 3, from 2013, is still sitting in an Otterbox, has been handled roughly, and not a scratch.)

GalaxyLooney

Jan 29, 2019
Visit site
Sorry for posting in this forum. I clicked post and the realized my mistake. I though a mod may move it.

As I needed a quick solution I took a pair of scissors to the edge of my case and used them to file off some material to try to create a lip over the screen protector edge. I've had to do it a few times but it seems to be working now. I've noticed with my new screen protector I can see the screen in landscape with my polarized sunglasses. I didn't realize it was the factory fitted screen protector that was causing issues and was annoyed with this aspect of the phone compared my S7 edge. The current screen protector also gives full coverage. Annoyingly there is 1 speck of dust but I think i'm going to live it.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Sorry for posting in this forum. I clicked post and the realized my mistake. I though a mod may move it.

As I needed a quick solution I took a pair of scissors to the edge of my case and used them to file off some material to try to create a lip over the screen protector edge. I've had to do it a few times but it seems to be working now. I've noticed with my new screen protector I can see the screen in landscape with my polarized sunglasses. I didn't realize it was the factory fitted screen protector that was causing issues and was annoyed with this aspect of the phone compared my S7 edge. The current screen protector also gives full coverage. Annoyingly there is 1 speck of dust but I think i'm going to live it.

No problem , glad it's working out for you now

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed with my new screen protector I can see the screen in landscape with my polarized sunglasses. I didn't realize it was the factory fitted screen protector that was causing issues
The problem now is that you have no glare or reflection protection - that's what the polarized screen protector does.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome